General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Best way to tranfer large files from Mac to OSX Mini? - 04-27-2012, 06:05 PM

In the absence of firewire or an optical drive, I often find myself using very roundabout and klutzy methods to transfer large files like movies from desktop Macs to my hacked OSX Mini 10V, like copying the file onto a USB pen drive, then onto the Mini. This is very slow and there has to be a better way.

I suppose I could try networking them with an ethernet cable, but I've always found networking to be pretty much the most confusing thing in the Mac world, and when I do manage to network my Macs I always seem to find I have screwed up my Inet connection or something.

Any suggestions?
  (#2) Old
Default 04-27-2012, 06:32 PM

Why not just log in remotely to one from the other & wirelessly copy the files over? It would work as fast as your wireless connection, so not as fast as firewire, but it's definitely the easiest - drag & drop.

Mini 10v  |OS X 10.6.7 |1.6GHz Atom N270 | 2GB RAM |250GB HD, 7200rpm| BIOS A06 |NBI ...351| 802.11n | BT |6 cell battery

« Mini 9 RunCore 10.6.8 boots to kernal panic | Help/questions mac os on dell 1012 »