General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Unhappy hackable 10? - 01-22-2009, 06:27 AM

Does anyone know whether the mini 10 is in fact not hackable, and, if so, is it "not hackable" in the sense that the specs (chipset etc) suggest it can't ever be or in the sense that nobody's got their hands on one yet thus it's too soon to know whether someone will figure out a way to breach the ramparts??

(This is all vis-a-vis whether I get a 9 now or wait to see if the 10 is doable.)

(#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: hackable 10? - 01-22-2009, 07:02 AM

The 10 is definitely going to have the GMA500 chipset, and it's definitely never going to work with OSX unless Apple goes crazy and comes out with a netbook that uses it. But the rumors from the apple site suggest that if Apple does do a netbook, it'll have the nVidia Ion chipset in it instead. So no, don't plan on ever running osx on the Mini10.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#3) Old
Lightbulb Re: hackable 10? - 01-22-2009, 06:06 PM

Thanks! You know what that means? It means I needn't wait for a 10, I get to jump on the 9 straight away and get me some of that good-ol' Mac netbook goodness sooner than later!

"Soopah!", as they say, somewhere.

« Power Management problem after type 11 install | SSD runcore & memory install ... before or after? »