General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Lion on Dell 10v? - 01-17-2012, 07:05 PM

I am willing to give my Dell 10v 2 GB of RAM for Lion to work on my 10v.

My only question is, will it work with 2 GB of RAM alone? Also, is there any sort of guides for installing Lion?
  (#2) Old
Default 01-18-2012, 05:39 PM

Yes 2 GB ram, lion guides no
  (#3) Old
Default 01-19-2012, 12:34 PM

Until one of the more experienced hackintoshers provides a guide of some sort it's a no go. So far installing lion on a 10v has allegedly been achieved by a few people but they have not proved it conclusively. To say "Yay I have done it!! It works great!!" and then slink back into obscurity is a low thing to do. It's supposed to be a "hackintosh community" but where is the sense of community in that? No doubt if you rant about this like I have over these forums you will be patted on the head and be told that its "something people do in their free time" and be made to feel like you are being disrespectful. OS X lion DP1 was released in Feb 2011 the final 10.7 was released in July. It's been months now and still nothing. I personally doubt it will ever come to much more than a few bulls*hitters pretending that they have done it in some misguided effort earn some kudos.

The reason why I think it's unfeasible is because 10.7 is a 64bit OS and needs a core 2 duo processor as a minimum requirement. I really can't see it ever working on a 32bit system as is. DP1 shipped with atom kernel support and you could probably move the kernel over to 10.7. The rest of it would have to be a cross-pollinated mish-mash of 10.6, kexts from netbook installer, 10.7 DP1, and 10.7 retail. If this conglomerated mess is stable and runs smoother than 10.6.8 on a 10v I challenge any hardcore hackintosher to provide at least provide proof of concept. Probably never happen though.

« upgrading software | Can't boot into chameleon VERY frustrated »