General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Send a message via AIM to thatguyx
Default How to turn off Bluetooth in 10.5.6 Type 11 7.7? - 01-21-2009, 10:59 PM

Like the title says... I recently installed the bluetooth module on my mini, in hopes of getting a wireless mac keyboard and maybe the mighty mouse. Everything seems to have gone off without a hitch, except when I'm in the Bluetooth Pref Pane, I cannot turn off the module. The "On" box is checked, but grayed out. Is it possible to turn this off? Also, how much of an impact does having bluetooth on all the time (discoverable or not) on the battery life?

Dell Mini9 Alpine White
2GB Ram | Runcore 64GB SSD | OS X 10.5.6 (Type11 7.2b) | US-INTL keyboard
  (#2) Old
Default Re: How to turn off Bluetooth in 10.5.6 Type 11 7.7? - 01-22-2009, 12:21 AM

The only way I've been able to turn off BT is by pairing the Mini with a BT phone (No not the iPhone, a normal 3g phone). Once you have it configured and you put your system to sleep - BAM! your BT's is Off Only thing is in order to turn it back on you have to remove ALL BT paired devices and then start the BT wizard which will ask you if you want to turn BT back on... It's very stupid because when I put the system to sleep after the phone pairing I can see the BT being on for a short while when waking up and then it goes gray.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: How to turn off Bluetooth in 10.5.6 Type 11 7.7? - 01-22-2009, 12:44 AM

The only way I have done it so far is to turn it off in the BIOS. That makes it think there is no Bluetooth (but obviously no good if you are wanting to use a Bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard).

Dell Mini 9 (UK), 16Gb SDD, 2Gb RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.6

« iLife 09 | US/intl keyboard missing | ° ¬ key »