General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Snow Leopard to support iCloud.... - 08-30-2011, 09:58 AM

I have just read at Appleinsider that Snow Leopard could well support iCloud (or at least parts of it)....I can't submit the url as this is my first post, but the first paragraph reads:

"For Mac users who have not yet upgraded to Lion, new evidence suggests Apple will add iCloud support to its predecessor, Snow Leopard, in the form of an update."

This suggests that some (contact/calendar syncing, etc) of iClouds functionality may indeed be introduced to Snow Leopard in 10.6.9.

I love my 10v Hackintosh and also love how mobileme syncs all my data between it and with my iphone. Now I thought that to sync all my data when mobileme disappears next year that I would have do either:

a) buy a macbook pro/air and start using iCloud
b) move my calendar, contacts, bookmarks syncing to Google, etc

Now to my question....what are the chances of meklort, etc reappearing to support 10.6.9/10 when they appear? Anyone heard anything vaguely positive as it seems a shame to only make it to 10.6.7 (I am currently running 10.6.7 as I believe it to be the terminal, supported/fully working release)

(#2) Old
Default 09-01-2011, 09:57 AM

Meklort never disappeared is currently working on lion support but I think he will continue to make an nbi for 10.6.9 if it appears, but the old one might work just as good, else you might have to switch to myHack as meklort might integrate his code there.

- Dell Inspiron duo: - Backtrack
- Win 7
-Win 8
- Ubuntu 11.10
-Toshiba 205: - Mac OSX 10.6.7
  (#3) Old
Default Hopefully... - 10-06-2011, 06:12 PM

this update becomes a reality and the community will jump on supporting it within 24 hours of it's release. Fingers crossed.

« Help Needed | What are the "must have" applications for OS X? »