- Sound
- Keyboard and touchpad dual touch
- Camera

What won't work:
- Bluetooth Both BT and touch will work if rebooting
- Touch from windows into Lion/OSX
- Screen resolution will be stuck at 1024x768

Requirements:
- Working SL installation preferably 10.6.6 or 10.6.7.
- Copy of lion from the appstore
- The DP4 atom kernel found here: RapidShare ? Secure Data Logistics
- Chameleon RC5 official lion: Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r1331_trunk_pkg + boot file - Downloads - Kexts.com
- myhack installer : Downloads | myHack
- USB drive greater than 8gb.
- External keyboard/mouse.

1. Boot up your normal SL installation and launch myHack choose make 10.7 installer, select the target volume to run myhack (your usb key),
It will ask for your admin pass enter it, it will then prompt you to show it the installer dmg (lion). It will warn you that the usb will be erased press ok. Once done it will ask if you want generic or cusom extra choose generic.

2. Don't reboot yet, open my computer in finder, then launch the terminal write sudo rm /volumes/"name of the made usb"/mach_kernel (name must be in "")
Close the terminal and extract the atom kernels you downloaded choose the DP4 one and rename it into mach_kernel then drag it to the root of your usb.

3. Reboot into the usb after plugging in the mouse and keyboard. Boot into the lion installer in verbose mode (type -v before entering) it should load kexts then boot into the normal framework and pause at pci configuration if instead it reboots immediately after loading kexts then you have to replace the boot file in the usb with this one: http://mirror.netkas.org/Lion/boot (same thing just rm the boot in the usb with terminal and drag drop the boot)

4. Install usually, but note that you can keep the SL partition and install lion on a different partition whilst keeping both SL and Lion.

5. Once done don't reboot quickly go into utilities terminal from the top bar. Type rm /volumes/name-of your-lion-partition/mach_kernel
then cp /volumes/name-of-your-usb-key/mach_kernel /volumes/name-of your-lion-partition

6. Close the terminal then reboot again into the usb you should now be able to boot into the lion partition you installed to.

7. Once it loads enter your details then you will have entered your lion installation. Here run the chameleon you downloaded and install it to your HDD.

8. Download the kexts here and install with the kext helper included:https://rapidshare.com/files/3509005323/Kexts.zip

9. Remove the usb key and reboot.

10. Boot into the lion partition everything but the sound and wifi should now be working to get those working install the 2 kexts and on package
found here: https://rapidshare.com/files/1001788...fi___sound.zip

11. Reboot and your done.

- Dell Inspiron duo: - Backtrack
- Win 7
-Win 8
- Ubuntu 11.10
-Toshiba 205: - Mac OSX 10.6.7
  (#2) Old

Thumbs up Outstanding! - 08-21-2011, 09:31 PM

I also saw your touch screen post. My duo is humming right along - with one small exception.

I can't get Chameleon configured right. Using The new 2.0 release. But the myHack USB Chameleon boots Lion up and all is working.

(Running a dual boot with Win7.)

How is your boot loader configured?

Again, great work and kudos for tracking down the touch screen driver!
  (#3) Old

Default 08-22-2011, 07:16 AM

No problem. Try running this: Downloads | myHack
but this time choose the “Install Chameleon + Extra” option and set the target to “/”. It'll install the same bootloader used with the installer ecept on the hard disk.

- Win 7
-Win 8
- Ubuntu 11.10
  (#4) Old

Smile Not there yet ... - 08-22-2011, 08:28 PM

I (again) tried the install for Chameleon you suggested above - both with generic and specific Extra. Both of them just cause a reboot cycle.

The newest 2.1 Chameleon release just hangs after choosing the boot partition.

Looking for clues.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

I had to do a manual install - which worked but no graphical interface.
Then a package install.
Then some trial and error with org.chameleon.boot.plist.

But it is great with new chameleon 2.1

Very cool. Glad to finally have it figured out.

Dell Duo - OS X Lion / Win7
Dell 1011 - OS X 10.6.8 / Win7
Mac Mini - OS X Lion
  (#5) Old

Unhappy oh ... and a couple more things - 08-23-2011, 05:47 AM

The Apple PS2 kexts are all that are needed - VoodooPS2 kexts broke things don't go there!

When I downloaded and added kexts for my DisplayLink USB video adaptor, it broke the really nice touch screen driver which was working perfectly. Uninstalled them both and reinstalled the touch screen driver but no luck so far.

Mac Mini - OS X Lion
  (#6) Old

Default 08-23-2011, 06:44 AM

Nice to hear things worked out. The boot loop should have been solved with the
kernel replacement, that's what I did. By the way what the size of HDD? My 320Gb keeps giving boot0 error lion and SL.
Try going to system profiler and see if the eGalax device is still registered in the usb hub.

- Win 7
-Win 8
- Ubuntu 11.10

Last edited by abdeir; 08-23-2011 at 06:50 AM.
  (#7) Old

Smile As it turns out ... - 08-25-2011, 09:22 PM

My issues were caused by the 64 bit eGalax driver - not sure how I got it working in the first place - but I switched to the 32 bit version and both touch and my DisplayLink USB external monitor work together nicely now. (Although the DisplayLink dirver is a beta and could work better.)

I am still using the 320GB drive the duo came with. 3 partitions Win7/Space/OSX. (Space is for moving things back and forth.

The ONLY issue left for me is the WIFI - which works with my Belkin N router at home, but does not work with either the Netgear or Lynksys N routers at work. I am seriously considering ordering the WIFI/BT card used in my 1011 which works with everything. Although the Duo's WIFI works everywhere in Win7. (scratches head ...?)

Mac Mini - OS X Lion
  (#8) Old

Default 08-26-2011, 06:55 AM

HD decoder now working with the drivers found here: Downloads - crystalhd-for-osx - OSX driver and library support for the Broadcom Crystal HD Video Accelerator. - Google Project Hosting

but without qe/ci and good resolution it's almost useless. To check if it's functioning go to system profiler it should report your graphics card as intel HD graphics card. As to your wifi issue, the card has problems with N-mode under mac so you need to turn that off either in your router or your card
( N mode will exist in windows but not in lion). As to bluetooth I have no updates, it seems the chip needs a warm boot from windows or linux yo operate, we're not the only ones with an atheros 3011 BT chip and they're working on it.

PS How did you get install chameleon without the boot0 error? I've been trying to fix it for months now.

- Win 7
-Win 8
- Ubuntu 11.10
  (#9) Old

Default Yes I did. - 08-29-2011, 11:27 PM

But it was "by accident. Just trying everything.

I used the new 2.1 release. The package install looked great but wouldn't boot. Then I installed the manual method - which worked but text only.
Then I re-installed the package install over the manual install and things were working. Hopefully this info will help Meklort and the Chameleon crew figure out why.

I will check out the Crystal HD drivers.

Any thought to the Accelerometer driver?

Mac Mini - OS X Lion
  (#10) Old

Default 08-30-2011, 12:06 PM

hi I am a noob to this I wiped my duo but now I was stuck I followed Mcfly example
used nbi .8.5 to create a bootable rom from DP4 but got stuck at the third plist but then I tried your program and I am completely blown away how simple the whole process was. Major kudos to you, great job
But still I cant finish the install it dies at 7 minutes
I tried several times
any Ideas
P.S. how does one install windows is there a simple way

Last edited by markl17; 08-30-2011 at 04:46 PM.

« Dell mini 10 meet Snow Leopard | Free Mac Software - Limited Time »