General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default Re: Can't Shutdown/Restart after RAM sleep (not hibernate) - 01-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by UnaClocker
Yeah, it locks up after the file system is closed out, I think it's just not able to tell the system itself to restart.
I'm a bit more comfortable with it after reading your response. I'm thinking it locks up very late in the shutdown process as well since the console logs never report an improper shutdown on the next boot. Of course you'd be more educated than I in making that determination, so thanks.

Mini 10v (160 GB HDD, 1 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.2, NBI 8.3, BIOS A04)
  (#12) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Can't Shutdown/Restart after RAM sleep (not hibernate) - 01-20-2009, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Eligos
That said, I still have journalling turned off
UnaClocker, have you made this decision for performance reasons? Is the system snappier with it disabled?
I used to have a generic MLC SSD from MyDigitalDiscount, the performance of that drive was deplorable. I tried every trick in the book just to make the machine bearable while I waited for something better to come along, and then for them to actually ship it after it did. When I finally got my runcore, I imaged the old drive onto the new one. I suppose I could turn it back on, but, eh..

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED

« IPhone SDK on DELL Mini 9 - 8 GB | Just two quick questions.. »