General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Eternal spinning pinwheel/circle of dots on shutdown? - 07-13-2011, 06:14 AM

Hi folks!

This is a great site for a newbie! I have read many many threads and followed the updated guide in this forum to install retail SL 10.6 on my Mini 9 with 16gb SSD.

I’ve noticed the xbench score is only about 20, with the drive tests scored at 11; but hope this is normal for the stock SSD.

In the first few hours of testing, the machine seems to be working well, mostly sleeping normally so far with USB legacy/USB wake disabled. But it has started getting the spinning pinwheel (I mean the line of rotating dots, not the beachball) on shutdown that never seems to stop. I have held the power button to force it to turn off a couple of times, but have ready this can be bad for SSDs?

Any tips? Should I upgrade SL to 10.6.7? Repair permissions? Run a particulary version of NBI?

(#2) Old
Default 07-13-2011, 11:18 AM

Have you try to clear and rebuild the extensions cache, repair disk permissions, reset the permissions of user/home folders, and also rerun NBI?

« no sound on my LG x120 | DELL Inspiron 1018!!! NOTHING IS WORKING :( »