General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Dell mini 1012 OS X problem! - 02-28-2011, 03:37 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me. I bought a used inspiron mini 1012 and followed online instructions to load OS X Snow Leopard. I loaded it onto the mini and it seemed to work fine. I turned off the computer and when I turned it back on I got the Apple logo and the spinning cog, then the Mac crash message that I needed to restart the computer by holding down the power button. No other explanation. I have tried about ten times to power up, but get the same message. I have only been able to get OS X back up by booting from the USB thumb drive.
One other thing. I'm getting quick messages on a gray screen that I am unable to read before they go away that seem to have something to do with hibernate and wake mode...
I love this computer with OS X and hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance...
  (#2) Old
Default 02-28-2011, 10:10 PM

Here is more info on my problem: after I start the computer and the Dell Insignia goes away, I get a MAC hard drive icon and then the following message that stays on the screen for just a second:

Hibernate image is too old by ______ seconds. Use the forcewake key to overide.
Please use arch=i386 to use a 10.6.2 or newer kernel

Then I get the Apple logo followed by the PLEASE RESTART message

I read something about a fix from a Russian guy in an article entitled Mac OS X 10.6.2 Atom Hackintosh Support Reenabled via Kernel Hack - Free Download but couldn't find the download...

(#3) Old
Default 03-07-2011, 07:51 PM

Hi there,

Try this:

When the hard drive icon comes up, press space, then type:

It should show up in the bottom left hand corner.

Then press enter.

If this works reply back as there are some other steps you will need to complete to make it so that you don't have to type it boot up.

Hope this helps.

- Karm

Dell Mini 1018 | 1.6ghz CPU | 2gb Ram | OSX 10.6.6 | 1510 WLAN Card | NBI 0.8.4

« Just pulled out my old Mini Mac...need some direction | Stuck of spinning wheel during start up »