General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Send a message via AIM to tiuno Send a message via MSN to tiuno
Default Advice Needed Urgent! - 02-01-2011, 03:57 AM

Well here's my problem, I got a Dell Mini 10v with Snow Leopard on it, it's just amazing, I really love, runs smooth, allows me to do almost everything I need. Besides the Mini's size is just great and it's lightweighted, really amazing. But sometimes the poor graphics the small screen, and low life battery are a bit annoying and I'm goign to college next year to study Cinema. Should I move to a MacBook Air and have a bigger hackintosh at home or what? I'm confused or should I get a 15" MacBook Pro? Also the damn MBA has no backlit keyboard --'
Thanks in advance.

Dell Mini 10v||Bios A06||1GB RAM||160 GB HDD ||Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz||Mac OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard||NetbookInstaller 8.4 RC1 Updated for 10.6.4|| Windows 7 Ultimate || MacBook Air SMBios.plist
PowerBook 12"||G4 1.33 GHz||1.25 GB RAM||160 GB HDD||Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard

(#2) Old
Default 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM

Only you can figure out what you need based on what you'll be doing and where you'll be using it. For me a 13" MBP looks absolutely huge after using my Mini9 so much and that would be big enough if I were to move to a bigger laptop. I would never bother with the 13" MBAir, but the 11" is a little better and if I had to do without a Hacked Mini I could get by with it.

For you depending on how much video editing etc you may do on it a 15" may be a better option and you'll still have the 10V for when that is just too big.

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 64G RunCore | 2G Ram | Bios A05 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

Mini 10V
| OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 160G HD | 2G Ram | Bios A06 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

(#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 02-01-2011, 10:29 PM

I use my mini9 around town, and a MBP for development and media at home. May even switch the MBP to an iMac when it dies. I just feel I want more from my "main" machine than I can get in a machine portable enough to be a carry around.

mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 16GB STEC SDD | BIOS A06, USB Legacy OFF | No Bluetooth | OSX 10.6.7 | NBI 0.8.5pre w/ ALC268 | Broadcom2Airport
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes

Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here

« Startup OS X in ~30 seconds ( : | Fine tuning hibernation on 10v »