General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Talking Perfectly Working Dell Mini 10v with 10.6.6 - 01-22-2011, 09:34 PM

First of all, I would like to thank the people who have worked on this project. This has required the collaboration of thousands of us PC users that also love mac/are interested in a mac. (I fall in the second category). I am a CIS Networking major and this is my first experience with a mac. I installed Snow Leopard in VirtualBox on my PC, and after many failed attempts, I got the OSX image restored to my USB drive (with the help of this guide:

How To: Hackintosh a Dell Mini 10v Into the Ultimate Snow Leopard Netbook
). I had a hard time getting my VB app to see both my disk image and my flash drive. Afterwards, after 4 installs, I finally got 10.6 on my 10v. I stress to use OSX software update for information ONLY! Do a google search for the software and version. DO NOT USE SOFTWARE UPDATE. Upgrading from 10.6 to 10.6.6 was easy following the instructions EXACTLY from this thread: The 10.6.6 problems thread

My sound was not working so I referred to this thread:Building 100% Vanilla on 10v (starting with fully working Audio) Just download the AppleHDA Kext and Kext Helper b7, drag, drop, EASY INSTALL, reboot, and Voila! Your sound should be working!!!

When I closed the lid, the computer would lock up and I'd have to do a hard reset (sometimes having to remove the battery. I fixed this by disabling USB BIOS Legacy support in BIOS

I have everything working FLAWLESSLY and LOVE MAC SNOW LEOPARD!
I have successfully installed Office for Mac 2011, Adobe Acrobat X, Bejeweled 3, and my Lexmark printer drivers. uTorrent has been my friend in this process (I do not encourage piracy!!!). The only thing that i run into is that the welcome screen that pops up on all of the Office apps, you can't see the OK or Close button. I have to press ESC to get out of that screen.
I hope this thread combines and simplifies instruction for some of us new OSX people. Again, I thank all of you in the Hackintosh community!

(#2) Old
Default 02-06-2011, 01:21 AM

I'm considering getting a Dell Mini 10v even though I'm a proud MacBook Pro owner. I just like the idea of having a 'MacBook mini' with a good portability

This post should help me in the process of hacking this mean little machine, thanks!
  (#3) Old
Default 07-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Try creating a word/excel doc and saving it. Then try removing the shortcuts to the apps. Put the docs in the doc folder and then drag them onto the shortcut bar. Works for me!
  (#4) Old
Default Congrats ... but - 08-11-2011, 03:10 AM

Cool. Next question, does your external monitor work?

Slime Mini10v - N280, 1GB, 160 GB HD, A06 | SL 10.6.3 | NBI 0.8.4 Special
**Disclaimer - This user void's warranties.**
  (#5) Old
Default 08-11-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by radarscratch View Post
Cool. Next question, does your external monitor work?
It works by default but only as extended, for mirroring use this:AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kext zip

Last edited by r6680jc; 08-11-2011 at 08:47 AM.

10.6.6, hibernate, os x, sound, update

« NBI 0.8.3 update broke my dual boot | Where next for Hackintoshes? »