General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Mini 10 (1010 -not 10v) Cant See Internal Drive - 01-19-2011, 01:48 AM

So I’m trying to install snow leopard on an inspiron mini 10 (1010). This is not the 10v! This is the one that is supposedly incompatible and will never be supported due to the lack of gma500 drivers.

Anyway, I’ve been following many guides, mostly the following link, and I've still come up short on one point.

Mini 10 [1010] not 10v Install Help?

The second page of this thread contains step-by-step directions to do what I'm trying to do.

So far I’ve been able to install OSX to the drive externally with the 10.6.2 update. Almost EVERYTHING works! I am quite happy with the compatibility of the system. Wireless worked straight away (unlike ubuntu), audio was a simple kext install away and video is acceptable. Everything works off of usb better than my previous win7 installation. In fact I’m typing this on it right now. :-)

I still can’t get the drive to read internally. When I take the drive off of usb and move it to the internal sata connector I get a circle with a cross through it during boot and nothing else happens. It does recognize it in the bootloader though so I know the actual connection and drive are both fine.

I’ve tried numerous variations on the installation process, and different versions of netbookinstaller, netbookbootmaker, and netbookcd. I have installed AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext and the other drivers.

Someone else suggested that the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext may need to be injected into the netbookbootmaker usb drive and the system reinstalled straight to the internal. Maybe I misunderstood but I moved the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext to the usb /Extra folder (as per the instruction) and it would still not read from the drive.

I've tried manually installing the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext to the hard drive as well as using the kext helper.

I am at a loss as to what I should try next. I was hoping to have this ready earlier today (school just started). If I cant get it to work this week I’ll probably need to just restore 'winblows'. I'd rather not do that though as I highly prefer osx.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.
  (#2) Old
Default 01-19-2011, 02:51 PM

I have dell 1010 CPU Atom z520 up Bios A11 , 1gb Ram 160 hdd seagate
When setup SL 10.6.3 , NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 RC1 error 160GB SATA hard drive not recognized
please help me , many thanks ./.

disk 8 = 10mb
disk 9 = 10mb
disk 10 = 10mb
disk 11 = 10mb
disk 12= 10mb
disk 13= 67mb
  (#3) Old
Default 01-20-2011, 12:23 AM

I removed the GPS Mini Card and everything worked right away. This is something that nobody mentioned anywhere else. It was the last thing i could think of doing. The kernel was unable to load the minicard. There was no problem with the hard drive in the first place, once i installed the drivers.

If anyone else is having these issues try removing the minicard!

Thanks to those who figured out everything else in the previously mentioned forum.
  (#4) Old
Default What is the GPS minicard? - 03-01-2011, 02:16 PM

What is the GPS minicard and where does one find it?

1010, internal, osx

« Dell Mini 10 (1010) not 10v Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Error Setup | Interesting find for trackpad? »