General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default Re: Struggling without a clue - 01-16-2009, 09:21 PM

I want to thank everyone for their help in trying to resolve this issue. I am not quite sure what ended up resolving it, I had one of our IT guys look over my shoulder and it was bizarre...What I ended up doing was removing the Leopard Install CD (USB) and just trying to boot with the Type123 USB.....I didn't get the PXE messages any more and then shut the machine down. Then I put the Leopard Install CD (USB) back in and everything worked fine. It seemed to have been some sort of issue with having both USBs or USB & CD plugged in simultaneously and until I just used Boot123 USB standalone with nothing else connected it seemed to somehow reset things. I am writing this so that if something like this happens to someone else maybe this information will help them

Again thank you everyone for your assistance...especially those knowledgeable and active members including but no limited to nvrmore100, Unaclocker, and Type11 who without their knowledge and active and quick responses many within this forum would be frustrated to the point of probably abandoning using the Dell as a Mac platform.

Again thanks all
  (#12) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Struggling without a clue - 01-17-2009, 12:27 AM

Glad you got through it.. Just think.. This is the easy way.. It used to be a WHOLE lot harder..

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#13) Old
Default Re: Struggling without a clue - 01-29-2009, 08:33 AM

I just encountered the same problem that OP had, remedied the same way too

« OSXusb made from mini9OSX??? | Sleep And Hibernate on Type11 Explained (for Newbs) »