General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Oct 2010
11-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Join Date: May 2010
11-15-2010, 10:45 PM
2. Open System Preferences. Use either gear box icon on a doc or or find it in Applications folder.
3. In "Internet & Wireless" section click Sharing icon
4. Do NOT use "DVD or CD Sharing" service. The name is misleading - it works for genuine MacBook Air clients only!
5. Select and check On "File Sharing" service.
6. In the middle of the dialog you see Shared Folders: box. Click + button right below the box. Fined like window pops up. In a list of DEVICES select your DVD drive with CD name next to CD icon. Click Add.
7. Read how to connects to the share. It is below "File Sharing: On". it sounds like "Other users can access shared folders....". You may need this instructions.
8. Go to mini 10v. Make sure Airport is connected to the same wireless network as MacBook Pro. Open Finder.
9. If you see your MakBook Pro in SHARED section of a sidebar expand it and use shared drive for installation.
10 You do not see SHARED section. Go to Finder menu. Preferences... SideBar. Select everything under Shared section.
11. You see SHARED section in Finder but do not see your MacBook Pro server in it. In Finder. Menu Go. Connect to Server. Follow instructions you read at item 7 above.
12. Nothing helps - let us know.
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.