General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Really stuck installing OS X - 11-04-2010, 09:14 PM

EDIT: Managed to install just fine after I used the latest NBI. The guide linked to an older version which wasn't compatible with my copy of SNL!

If someone could give me a bit of help that'd be great. I'm trying to follow this guide; NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

I tried the primary Windows method, that failed. Writing the image file to my 16GB stick went OK so I tried booting and got the "No Loader" error from the chameleon bootloader. I then did the reverse with Image Writer and found that exactly 4GB had been copied to my stick. Does this mean I need to format my stick from FAt32 to HFS? Even though it doesn't say so in the guide?

I'm currently trying the dd.exe method, but there is no progress indicator - is this normal?

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Okay so I used Transmac to load my image to the flash drive and now I can get up to the point of selecting "mac osx install dvd" in the bootloader. After this I get the "reboot" error. When selecting in the bootloader there is the "OS" option, "Mac OSX Install DVD" option and a blank HDD icon. Does this sound OK?

I'm really stuck here! Thanks

EDIT: Okay.. so I realised I don't have 10.5.8 I have 10.6.3 (stupid mistake I know!) so I'm gonna grab the NBI084RC1 see if that works!

« Why do I still have a sleep file under SL, and can I get rid of it? | Internal SATA Drive not recognized »