General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Exclamation unable to boot mac osx - 11-01-2010, 04:16 AM

I've had my 10v since late May and have installed the latest version of Mac OSX. Now, sometime in late June I went through the whole kernel panic, recovery=y boot, run NBI, and went on my merry way with no major problems. Most recently, my 10v has been unable to boot. It began with an inability to wake after being sleeped not long after I installed the newest OSX update, and proceeded to a prolonged Apple loading screen. The Apple loading screen will continue until the battery runs out. I've booted with recovery=y and have then run NBI, but the same problem continues. When I boot into recovery=y, the system claims that there is no AirPort card installed. I've made sure that my hard drive is one word and ran NBI several times. I let it sit with a drained battery for about a week or so and then attempted to boot with no such luck. Also, when plugged in, the power light in the lower left corner of the keyboard does not fluctuate like usual, but rather stays a constant bright.

Any ideas how I can fix my system?
  (#2) Old
Default 11-19-2010, 04:37 PM

Make sure you run NBI version 20100616212351.

Mini 10v, BIOS A06, OS X 10.6.6, Linux-Mint, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
  (#3) Old
Default 02-05-2011, 08:50 PM

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever fix yours?
  (#4) Old
Default 06-01-2011, 12:48 PM

Me too, same pattern.
I upgraded from 10.6.5 -> 10.6.7 because I thought it might help the sleep & sound issues.
Then I got the 'unable to locate boot drive' problem, and now after running 8.4 RC1 and UpdateExtras that's solved, but the Airport card has gone missing. If anyone has solved this please let me know.

boot, hackintosh problem, mac osx, mini 10v

« Trim Support Enabler 1.1 ...Anyone tried it? | Video Issues - need help! »