General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default 10.6.4 update cause anyone else grief? - 10-27-2010, 07:33 PM

I followed the steps in the sticky, but have not had any luck. NBI does it's thing after reboot, but I get the hang boot screen...grey apple logo screen with the white no entry sign on top of the logo.

Does this mean that I will have to format my HD and install OSX again?

Anyone have the same issue, but find a work around?

Mini 10v (Black) - BIOS A06 - Mac OS X 10.6.0 - 1GB RAM - 320GB HDD (7200 rpm) - NBM via USB - NBI (ending with 51) - Legacy Off

Had a happy 10.6.6 machine and updated to 10.6.7, but no love...maybe I'll do a vanilla install...but probably not.
  (#2) Old
Default 10-28-2010, 09:56 PM

Hi There!

I'm getting a similar thing with my 10v. Updated from 10.6 to 10.6.4 with the Combo using NBI 0.8.4 RC1 and it goes through the installation process, goes through the NBI logo sequence and then hangs (currently 3hrs!) on the apple logo with the spinning white loading indicator, busily spinning 'til the end of time i presume.

any advice? this is my second OS install. 'recovery=y' into safe mode and then a quick run of NBI 0.8.4 failed to work (resulted in a KP ((unsupported CPU)).

thanks in advance peeps!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

upgrade failure mostly resolved.

I rebooted the usb drive with the os created from the retail disk and went in to utilities and re-ran the Netbookinstaller from there - after a short wait it rebooted and i only have the non-working sound issue to tinker with.

all other item appear to be ok (wifi card/battery indicater) wil run NBI again to see if all's ok....

Mini 10v (Black)| OSX 10.6.4 (finally!) | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | NBI 0.8.4 RC1

« Help with "untitled" drive that won't go away | Office 2011 1024x600? »