General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Modified NetbookInstaller 20100616212351 for Dell's Inspiron Mini 1010 - 09-15-2010, 04:35 AM

After about two weeks of work trying to make Snow Leopard 10.6.4 working on my Mini 10, i've finally managed to get it done. I have modified Meklort's latest NetbookInstaller to include a Mini 10 profile with all the kext needed.

Do all your installation and upgrade on USB, there is a big risk of loosing access to your internal drive while upgrading to 10.6.3 or 10.6.4 if something goes wrong in the process.

If the system crash after installing this package, make sure AppleHDA.kext is not present in your Extensions folder.

The only thing that doesn't work as it should is of course the GMA 500 video card. No hardware acceleration. But it work well in 1024x600. I'm sure a few kext can still be optimized. I'm new to the Hackintosh scene, this is my first attempt to install OSX on anything...

I hope this will be usefull. I don't recommend using this installer on any other system, i may have broke a few things in other system's support...

Link :
  (#2) Old
Default 07-20-2011, 07:15 PM

a noobie here. to start off with I managed to get 10.6.0 loaded without problems about a year ago,using 0.8.3 netbookmaker/installer. I didn't research enough about the software updates and some point along the way updates killed the sound and finally it wouldn't boot. I didn't have time to mess with it much and the XP drive went back in. Now I was ready to start over and using my orginal usb stick I reinstalled the 10.6.0. I then wanted to load 10.6.8. Using 0.8.4_rc1 it became stuck in the start up reboot mode. Yeah I know I should have read more as others claim 10.6.8 doesn;t work for us. back to 10.6.7 = grey sceen and pinwheel and no joy. Now I discover Modified NetbookInstaller 20100616212351 which is a modified version of NBI that is newer than 0.8.4_rc1 yet older than the unfinished 0.8.5pre. I hope this works. This modified version was bit harder to find so if it works I hope my ignorance help others.
  (#3) Old
Default 10-26-2011, 11:11 PM

Great it got me a lot further along.
Still a few issues with sleep or at something that makes the keyboard and mouse unresponsive.
  (#4) Old
Default 10-27-2011, 02:27 AM

I am now updated to 10.6.8.
Still need a few questions answered.
Reply if there is someone willing to try and help.

« Has anyone tried installing OSX on a Duo? | Bluetooth Terminal Fix on 10.6.8 »