General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Folders Partly Disappear When Dragging Folder - 01-07-2009, 11:49 PM

I just installed a RunCore 32 GB, and basically used the USB connection to install from my Mac, did updates, and then installed 10.5.5 update.

Through it in the Dell, and rebooted to CD drive, and ran the v.6 install.

Everything seems to go fine, except one thing.

If I open a folder that contains a bunch of folders and then drag that folder across the screen, each of the folders inside that folder slightly disappear. Perhaps a third of the folder disappears and then reappears when I stop dragging.

Don't remember this before with the SSD that shipped with the Mini.

Anybody else experiencing this?
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Folders Partly Disappear When Dragging Folder - 01-08-2009, 12:17 AM

Just one of the video artifacting problems that the GMA950 has. It's normal, and it's random, so you might not have seen it last time, because it didn't happen last time. It's a PITA, but really a minor complaint. Check out the Mac Mini forums sometime, that machine has a GMA950 as well, and it works about as poorly on a real Mac as it does for us. They hate the thing. Too bad they didn't roll out the nVidia based Mac Mini at MacWorld like had been rumored would happen. It probably would have mirrored what the next generation Netbooks will have for a chipset. (Ion..)

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED

« Wireless N at 2.4GHz Limited to 20MHz for "Mac"? | Having issues putting syslinux on usb drive. »