General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 1912 - uninstall guide for NBI/bootloader, factory reimaging - 07-16-2010, 07:35 PM

Hi there,

My first post to these forums... after I watched my brother successfully install Snow Leopard (10.6.3) on his Dell Mini 10v, I wanted a resource to do similar on a soon-to-be-arriving Mini 1012 from Costco. (wish I discovered the forums about two weeks prior)

I've scrounged these forums for the past week reading about how to install OS X, set up dual OS boots, etc. Everything is outlined rather clear and concise in that department - well done!

Being mildly paranoid, however, I had been looking for threads detailing how to remove OS X installations and revert back to a factory install, which I hadn't completely discovered poking around.

Ideally, my plan is to resize the factory Win7 partition (using gparted or something similar) to create a second partition (in this space) as GUID for the OS X install.

The question lingering, should I decide to change my mind later on, is how to go about restoring one partition, remove the Chameleon bootloader, and restore from the Dell backup partition to recreate the "factory install"?

Trying my best to not sound like a complete newbie - I've been on Apple hardware since 1999... much of this is coming back to me now as I read through the forums.

« OS X on Mini 1010 | reclaim micro sd »