General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Am I on the right track as for my understanding of hackingtoshing? - 06-16-2010, 09:46 PM

I just got a Dell Mini 9, and would like to Hackintosh it. Here is what I understand:
I need a Leopard (10.5.x) retail disc, a patch, and a flashdrive that is more than 8 GB.
What I have gathered is that basically, I copy the contents of the Leopard disc (since I hear you cannot use Snow Leopard on an Intel Atom processor) onto my flashdrive, which, by the way, is 16 GB. Then, I burn a patch onto the flashdrive as well.

I put in the flashdrive (into my netbook) and reboot the computer.

I have a few questions:
1. Am I right? If not, will you please explain a bit?
2.Where can I get a patch?
3. Can anyone direct me to a place where I can buy the Leopard (10.5.8) disc? I have looked on Amazon and Ebay - failed attempts in both.

One more question, a bit off topic, but if I have a computer that runs an intel processor, can I simply put the Snow Leopard (10.6.3) disc in and reboot the computer to install it, without a patch?

(#2) Old
Default 06-17-2010, 12:13 AM

No, you're on a rather wrong track. Snow Leopard will work with the proper methods.

Do you have a Mac already? Do you have a USB DVD drive? There are various install methods depending on what you have. Guides | OS X | mechdrew has guides to follow. You will want to use the NetbookInstaller 0.8.4RC1 from if you're using that, otherwise use "Netbook CD" as mentioned in the guide.

No, you cannot boot OS X on just any Intel-based PC.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

dell mini 9, hackintosh, leopard, snow leopard

« SixtyForce N64 Emulator Experience | Why can't I boot off of USB drives »