General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Keyboard error on wake - 01-05-2009, 06:18 PM

Hey guys, I've been on the forum for a while.. and I must admit, this is one of the best forums I've ever used.. I love when a forum is a small group of smart people much better than a large group of retards with one one or 2 smarties in there..

anyways - I have the "smaller" replacement keyboard from dell and I have 10.5.6 with installed the right way with V7.1 stuff running off of the runcore 64GB drive - and I've noticed that sometimes (not every time) that when i wake from sleep the 0 button will be stuck on - so the first time i click the address bar on firefox it instantly fills with zeros - and it won't stop until I press the 0 button and then i guess it realizes then that the 0 button isn't really pressed..

I was just wondering if it was just me.. or if anyone had any ideas what could be going on..
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Keyboard error on wake - 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM

It's a known issue for now. We aren't exactly sure what is wrong with the keypress (happens on all keyboards after wake up). If you press any key it stops doing it, but it is a weird problem.
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Keyboard error on wake - 01-05-2009, 11:27 PM

I've read that it's worse on other machines, so I guess we got off lucky.. Probably something about the form of PS/2 keyboard support we chose.. I know there are 3 different ways to get PS/2 keyboard support in iATKOS.. Might be worth someone taking the time to explore the alternatives and see if one of them works better..

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#4) Old
Default Re: Keyboard error on wake - 01-06-2009, 01:39 AM

I wonder if we could use sleepwatcher to simply hit a keystroke on wake each time, something that wouldn't modify anything in whatever application is open, maybe something like print screen or numlock twice. This could be pretty easily accomplished with an apple script run from the terminal.

The only part that concerns me is that sometimes sleepwatcher seems to take a few seconds to run after waking up, so it may not be quick enough to completely fix the issue.

« External DVD Deal | random wireless issue »