General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Mar 2009
**OFFICIAL** Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update Thread - 06-15-2010, 11:01 PM
***UPDATED 10.6.4 Upgrade Instructions***
1) Install this version of NBI (From post 67): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/863180/Netbo...212351.app.zip
2) Install the 10.6.4 update.
3) Once it reboots, you should see the NBI logo at boot. Be patient until it reboots (takes a while).
If you've already installed 10.6.4 with the old version of NBI and are getting a kernel panic, follow these instructions:
1) Boot up holding down the shift key. At the grey screen with your boot disc, type recovery=y. You should see this show up in the bottom left corner of the screen. Hit enter. This should let your machine boot into recovery mode, without lots of extensions loaded.
2) Run the new version of NBI from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/863180/Netbo...212351.app.zip
3) Reboot. You should be good to go now!
If for whatever reason you can't get the New NBI on your netbook, you can fix the issue that caused the KP by decreasing the size of your kernel extensions. Boot into recovery mode and then open the Terminal from your /Applications/Utilities folder. Type "cd /System/Library/Extensions" and hit enter. Then type "sudo rm -rf NVD* ATI* GeForce* AppleIntelGMAX3100*" and hit enter. Run NBI, reboot, and you should be good!
10.6.4 is out! Post your upgrade experiences here.
I'll start with mine:
Dell mini 9 with NBI 0.8.4 RC1. I updated to 10.6.4 via the downloaded update from apple's site. After installation, it rebooted to the Netbook Installer Screen. After 10 minutes or so, it rebooted. Now it kernel panics! Looks like NBI's kernel patcher needs to get updated for the 10.6.4 kernel! (version 10.4 I think?)
Those who can risk it, try installing 10.6.4 and reporting back here. I advise the general populous to hold off until NBI gets updated though!
8GB Class 6 SDHC | 0.3MP Cam | NBI: 0.8.4 RC1
No Int. BT | USB Legacy support : [Enabled] | Mic Working via ALC268.kext
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United States
06-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Looking forward to hearing back from meklort regarding the final seed of 10.6.4
Once he has taken a look we will work to get an official thread including instructions on how to properly update.
*EDIT* : once we have an official method to update / an updated version of NBI we will update this thread
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
Join Date: Mar 2010
06-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.