**OFFICIAL** Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update Thread
***UPDATED 10.6.4 Upgrade Instructions***
1) Install this version of NBI (From post 67): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/863180/Netbo...212351.app.zip
2) Install the 10.6.4 update.
3) Once it reboots, you should see the NBI logo at boot. Be patient until it reboots (takes a while).
If you've already installed 10.6.4 with the old version of NBI and are getting a kernel panic, follow these instructions:
1) Boot up holding down the shift key. At the grey screen with your boot disc, type recovery=y. You should see this show up in the bottom left corner of the screen. Hit enter. This should let your machine boot into recovery mode, without lots of extensions loaded.
2) Run the new version of NBI from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/863180/Netbo...212351.app.zip
3) Reboot. You should be good to go now!
If for whatever reason you can't get the New NBI on your netbook, you can fix the issue that caused the KP by decreasing the size of your kernel extensions. Boot into recovery mode and then open the Terminal from your /Applications/Utilities folder. Type "cd /System/Library/Extensions" and hit enter. Then type "sudo rm -rf NVD* ATI* GeForce* AppleIntelGMAX3100*" and hit enter. Run NBI, reboot, and you should be good!
10.6.4 is out! Post your upgrade experiences here.
I'll start with mine:
Dell mini 9 with NBI 0.8.4 RC1. I updated to 10.6.4 via the downloaded update from apple's site. After installation, it rebooted to the Netbook Installer Screen. After 10 minutes or so, it rebooted. Now it kernel panics! Looks like NBI's kernel patcher needs to get updated for the 10.6.4 kernel! (version 10.4 I think?)
Those who can risk it, try installing 10.6.4 and reporting back here. I advise the general populous to hold off until NBI gets updated though!
Same here...mini 10v with rc1. Kernel panic...
Let me know what the panic is, I'll double check when I'm home later tonight (ay, about 3 hours). Anyways, last time I checked with 10.6.4 (a week or two ago, it worked fine with RC1, but things might have changed with the recent seed + release).
Standard suggestion: Wait until the 10.6.4 combo updater is released and try that. Over the years I've been burned more than once (on actual Apple hardware) by using the auto download delta updaters.
Looking forward to hearing back from meklort regarding the final seed of 10.6.4 :D
Once he has taken a look we will work to get an official thread including instructions on how to properly update.
*EDIT* : once we have an official method to update / an updated version of NBI we will update this thread
I did use the combo updater. The nbi screen came up and the, after the reboot, I got a kernel panic.
panic(CPU 0 caller 0x2e66b108): ''Unsupported Cpu: family....
Is that what you need?
panic (cpu ) caller 0x1bfbb108) : "Unsupported CPU: family = 0x6, model = 0x1c, stepping =0x2"@/sourceChache/AppleIntelCPUPowermanagment/ AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment -105.10/pmProcessor .c:210
Debugger Called :<panic>
Backtrace (cpu 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potiential args on stack)
That's the start of it anyhow.
Not too worried about it I'm sure it will be sorted out soon.
10.6.4 combo update + NBI 0.8.4 RC1 = KP (did not identify panic)
no kernel panic here
dell mini10v running the latest NBI with 10.6.3, just upgraded to 10.6.4 and all went well, the only issue is that it lost the ability to calculate remaining battery power
|All times are GMT. The time now is 08:38 PM.|