General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#351) Old

Default 07-15-2010, 11:49 PM

Installed NBI 0.8.4 RC1, upgraded, went to Apple logo after automatically rebooting twice and stuck at apple logo with pinwheel for 30 minutes. Going to wait another 30 and if it is still stuck, gonna reboot into verbose mode.
  (#352) Old

Default 07-16-2010, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEater008 View Post
Hey Guys,

I realized most of you did the NBI updates before updating the 10.6.4 patch.

Unfortunately, I did the 10.6.4 patch first and now I'm getting kernal panics about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (without using recovery=y)

Any idea on how to fix this?

I don't feel like reinstalling mac osx all over again...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm on an Acer Aspire AOA150.

FOr those who can't see the complete kernel panic because of the blocked screen. Try to boot with "-v".
Have you tried to boot from NBBM USB stick?
  (#353) Old

Default 10.6.4 and mini 9 - 07-16-2010, 05:01 AM

I am not clear on this — is Snow Leopard (preferably 10.6.4) now working correctly on a mini 9?

By correctly, I mean doing EVERYTHING it is supposed to do - sleep, wake up, play sound through the speakers and audio jack, audio input through the built in mic, ethernet, wifi, webcam, USB…

If something is not working, what?

Thanks.
  (#354) Old

Default 07-16-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6680jc View Post
Have you tried to boot from NBBM USB stick?
I didn't get a chance to mess with NBBM yet. but I decided it was probably faster to just install SL again than trying to troubleshoot the problem.

Installed the NBI first, reboot, then run the Combo 10.6.4 update and run NBI again before restart.

Works great. Finally I get triple boot with all latest updates =).

Now, I'll need to install Mac OSX on my desktop with ATI HD 5770, 3 monitor eyefinity.. Do you guys by any chance know anything about 5XXX series card kext?
  (#355) Old

Default 07-16-2010, 10:56 AM

I just bought a Dell Mini 10v on eBay that has two hard disk partitions. One is 75GB and has Windows 7 Pro and the other, 40GB, has MacOS 10.6.1. The partitions seem to be at what must be the GRUB level since the two OS's are listed at startup and I have to Quickly choose to load MacOS or it loads Windows.

I would like to do two things: 1) I would like to update to MacOS 10.6.4 and 2) I would like to change the partitions so the Mac partition is the largest. Suggestions? Thanks.
  (#356) Old

Default 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obis11 View Post
ok, I got 10.6.4 installed with everything working that I can tell. Here is what I did. I ran the NBI from post 67 then I installed the combo update 10.6.2, rebooted then ran the NBI again, then ran combo update 10.6.4 rebooted.
I started with 10.6.0, did as described above, and all went smoothly. The only slight issue was that iTunes 9.2 didn't install (I thought it was part of the combo update, but maybe not?). I downloaded that update and installed it, but I had to reboot for it to work. Overall, though, pretty painless. Thanks to all for tweaking the process before.
  (#357) Old

Default 07-17-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEBB View Post
I just bought a Dell Mini 10v on eBay that has two hard disk partitions. One is 75GB and has Windows 7 Pro and the other, 40GB, has MacOS 10.6.1. The partitions seem to be at what must be the GRUB level since the two OS's are listed at startup and I have to Quickly choose to load MacOS or it loads Windows.

I would like to do two things: 1) I would like to update to MacOS 10.6.4 and 2) I would like to change the partitions so the Mac partition is the largest. Suggestions? Thanks.
For repartitioning, I suggest you to do clean install of both OS, I assume that you don't have many files on your mini since you've just bought it for a while (in my experience, backing up and restoring large number of files is pain in the ass).
My another suggestion: it's better to make third partition for your files, so next time you do reinstallation, there will no need of backing up and restoring your files.
  (#358) Old

Default 07-17-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6680jc View Post
He is preparing for the release of NBI 0.8.4 rc2, so He doesn't have much time to post in this thread.
Is he still preparing?

Mini 9 | 2 gigs memory | 64 gig SSD | 10.6.7
Mini 10v | 2 gigs memory | 500 gig HD | BT | 10.6.3 & Windows 7 Professional Dual Boot
  (#359) Old

Default 07-17-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
Is he still preparing?
I have no idea mate, maybe he is too busy or he is enjoying his holiday right now.
Btw, are you waiting for NBI 0.8.4 rc2 just like me?
Have you tried to send him a PM or an e-mail?
  (#360) Old

Default 07-17-2010, 08:54 PM

this thread is proof of the failure of the community to support the dell mini with os x ... all i can read is "not working" and all sorts of funny failures and (faked?) success stories. c'mon guys ... this *is* lame and a bad testimonial for the community at large

so really nobody able to give straight forward instructions how to upgrade from 10.6.3 to .4 ???

« Trouble making a bootable usb flash drive | Trouble installing Max OS X to Mini 10 »