Thought I'd post my results also. I just bought my mini 10v less than a week ago and prepped my usb drive yesterday; I used the old SL disc (10.6.0) to install, and it worked great; only problem was the touchpad wouldn't tap-to-click or two finger scroll.
Anyway, decided to go ahead and try updating to 10.6.4 after running Netbookinstaller a couple times with no luck in fixing the scroll/tap.
1. Used Software Update and got all of the default selections, including 10.6.4
2. Installed/Reboot, no issues (except it no longer went to the log in screen?)
3. Tried fixing mouse issues again, didn't work so went to repair permissions and re-run NBI.
4. Reboot, and KERNEL PANIC!!!
5. Tried holding shift, no way to get past panic
6. Tried going into Terminal on my boot disc and deleting specific files as suggested, did not help.
So I reinstalled from my disc this morning; I updated to 10.6.4 with absolutely no issue (like before) but this time I used the patched NBI. Right now I'm trying to repair permissions again, because it's the only thing I can thing of that would not let NBI use the right mouse driver. I'll edit this if I can successfully reboot afterwards!
Oh one more thing; my bluetooth is not recognized at all. I enabled in the BIOS before installing OS X and everything, and tried repairing with NBI but no dice. If anyone has any insight to any of these problems, it would be much appreciated!
EDIT: Just rebooted, and NO KERNEL PANIC! Thank you Meklort!
And I figured why I couldn't get tap-clicking/scrolling to work: I just needed to change the settings under "trackpad" instead of mouse :facepalm:
Any ideas on the other issues I'm having: no bluetooth, no login screen on reboot?