General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#111) Old
Default 06-18-2010, 03:21 AM

Just used Meklort's NBI before installing 10.6.4 and it started up great! Thanks Merlort!

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.4 | 2 GB RAM | 64 GB RunCore SSD | 0.3MP Cam
BIOS A05 | USB Legacy Mode: ON | BT: ON |NBI: 0.8.4 RC1
  (#112) Old
Default 06-18-2010, 05:24 AM

Every time i have to run NBI again.. i have issues with start up..

I was running NBI 0.8.3 Final successfully. I waited til everyone seemed to be running NBI 0.8.4 RC1 with 10.6.3 without too much grief and i updated because I did want the security fixes that came with 10.6.3 . Since then I've had nothing but issues. i have followed all the guides, tips and most info here on the fourm. I used Combo updaters for OSX and deleted ATI and GeForce Kexts.. I have attempted to reinstall the Audio stuff ( because I haven't had sound except for via bluetooth or Wifi with sound flower) .. i have tried everything with hopes that this would get better.

Well now, I am running the NBI the Meklort posted in the Official 10.6.4 thread in post #67. i've removed all those ATI and GE Force kexts.. I have installed 10.6.4 via combo update.. and now i'm having issues with start up AGAIN.

I can only start up via recovery=y and even then it's hit or miss. i am getting the old " wait on root" error .. i've Run NBI 0.8.4 RC1 in both flavors - the new patched and older release.. and frankly i'm having no luck.

ALSO, the flash drive i made using the Netbookmaker 0.8.4 doesn't work with my mini at all. It doesn't even see it unless i can manage to get OSX started. Then it sees it and shows me the install options. i have re done this flash drive 2 x's thinking that making it was just messed up.. but i think it's the flippin Mini or netbookmaker it's self.

I have also tried wiping the drive and starting over with 0.8.3 again.. i did this a while ago after i updated the first time and had issues.. Well, I then started having issues with 0.8.3 as well with the "waiting for root" issue and figured " screw it" and started trying to make this new version and update work...

Ok.. so that is where i am at and what I have done.. Does anyone have any suggestions or advise with these issues??

UPDATE: MY Mini now KPs on start up and also when i try to use the install flash drive. how can I wipe the drive and start over? Do i need to try to install windows?
  (#113) Old
Default 06-18-2010, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by mikewill57 View Post
Does anyone know if it's okay to use meklorts method from post 67 while using the kext from Tony'sMac that fixes sound issues/load times? From this post.

Also want to make sure if it is okay to DL the new NBI, run it, install 10.6.4 and that's that? No update extra? Cheers.

Hi mikewill57,

Included AppleHDA.kext in that installer seems to be just a 10.6.2's. I have no issue with that. I installed that after NBI (I updated Extra files).
Although I don't know if it contributes to startup time....
  (#114) Old
Default 06-18-2010, 08:47 AM

Seems like Bluetooth doesn't work anymore after the update to 10.6.4.

BT is enabled in the Bios but in OS X it isn't available.

BT works again after I've booted several times.

Dell min 10v | BIOS A06 | 1.6 GHz Atom - N270 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | NBI 0.8.4RC1 (latest update) | OS x 10.6.4

MacBook Pro | 2,8 GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 500GB HDD | OS x 10.6.4
  (#115) Old
Default 06-18-2010, 10:32 AM

Mini 9 - 10.6.4 update seems to have gone fine with new installer, still no sound in the mic but no major will fix this again.

Would be nice to have this fix in the installers - hint hint,

But a BIG THANKS for doing the work on this that I know 99% of us could never do. Thanks Guys much appreciated.

sound fixed with normal fix, everything seems OK - bluetooth seems OK untested by there, dell 5530 card can still be seen not tested but looks OK.

So all good for mini 9 10.6.4
  (#116) Old
Default 06-18-2010, 01:13 PM

Blank Grey Screen nuisance.

Gone through updating 10.6.4 and newest NBI release Moved ATI and NVIDIA files as suggested.
If I boot from the hard disk Chameleon shows my partitions, and then after selection moves to Apple Logo + Circling Dashes, after 5 mins this goes to a grey screen, but I suspect OSX is working behind screen as the function keys such as brightness all are working.

However I boot using the same NBI on a USB stick, then select the same OSX partition the computer boots normally with OSX as expected.
I can even take out the USB stick a few seconds after selecting the partition. I have run NBI from the hard disk and the USB key, again but this doesn't fix things.

Recovery=y works from the HD as well. It can only be a small thing , but I can't think what it can be or what else to try.

Ideas or help welcomed

Dell Mini 10V, 160GB +2GB RAM, Dual Booting original W7 and OSX via EasyBCD
  (#117) Old
Default 06-18-2010, 01:51 PM

thanks for this new great on my asus 1000H !
  (#118) Old
Default 06-18-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by photofx View Post
thanks for this new great on my asus 1000H !
le monde est petit °=)
on se retrouve.
vous verrez c'est un site formidable
  (#119) Old
Default Lost networking and sound after update - 06-18-2010, 02:18 PM

I have just applied Meklort's latest patch, and updated to 10.6.4 on my Dell Mini 10V, 160GB +2GB RAM. Now I have no sound, and no networking. System preferences show that there is no ethernet or airport installed. Any suggestions on how to get networking and sound back? Thanks, Peter
  (#120) Old
Default 06-18-2010, 03:18 PM

After updating my Dell Mini 10V Kernal panic'ed ! Meklort's update works! mate YoU aRe A sTaR !! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !!!!

« Trouble making a bootable usb flash drive | Trouble installing Max OS X to Mini 10 »