General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default OSX software upgrade w/o thinking - 06-07-2010, 03:40 PM

Looking for a thread on here that will allow me to "reset" my dell mini 10v back to its original settings/software - I updated the software without thinking and now my computer continually just restarts... any help would be great.
  (#2) Old
Default 06-07-2010, 05:28 PM

If you still have the flash stick (or whatever you used to install OSX), you got two easy ways.

1. Do an install on another stick or external disk. Then copy your data into this new install (either right after the install reboot, or later using Migration Assistant from the Utilities folder), and use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone this install to your original harddisk. Pro: more complicated, but you can test the new install before overwriting the internal disk.

2. Or you simply do the installation on the harddisk again. Depending on the OSX version you either get the choice to preserve (user data, etc) and install; or the data are automagically preserved. Pro: Really easy.

« MAC OS X 10.6.x on DELL Latitude D420 | Snow Leopard Nc10 Install few qustions beleive the installs are very similar »