General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default MBP with leopard - 06-04-2010, 02:26 AM

Hi guys..
I humbly introduce myself to this wonderful forum and Its inhabitants

Ok so here's my problem :
I recently purchased a refurbished 10v and want to install macosx.
I was able to partition my flash drive and burn the Install image without a hitch, but when I go to run the netbook bootmaker it won't even start it pops up for a millisecond in the lower left running tasks area but no menu shows up. its the latest version. Does anybody know why?

The mbp I was using has leopard. It's my buddies .

My flash now has an un made osx install on it. Should I use a different bootmaker? Or is there a way to run the bootmaker from a pc?

Thanks for any input.

Ok So I was thinking about it and then Asked my friend to double check his OS. Turns out he has Tiger installed.
So now my question is can my upgrade lisence be used to both upgrade his tiger and be used to make my 10v. Or should I just use the tiger guide?
  (#2) Old
Default 06-05-2010, 12:19 AM

If it's a snow leopard disc, your license covers installation on one machine only unless you bought the family version.

I would follow the Tiger guide on Mecdrew's site to make your USB installation key.

I wouldn't recommend, or want to be responsible for trying to upgrade a MBP that works fine with Tiger to Snow Leopard myself. I wouldn't recommend an upgrade strategy from Leopard either for that matter.

Your best course of action when going from one version to another (Tiger to Leopard or even to SL) is a fresh install, not an upgrade.

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.7 | NBI 20100616212351| BIOS 05 | 32 GB Runcore | 2 GIGS RAM
10V | OS X 10.6.7 | NBI 20100616212351 |BIOS 06|160 GB|1 GIG RAM| 6 Cell Dell Battery
Functioning Hibernation

Back up Mini 9| OS X 10.6.7| NBI 20100616212351| BIOS 05 | 32 GB SuperTalent | 2 GIGS RAM
  (#3) Old
Default 06-06-2010, 11:18 PM

Thanks man

One question though I have the install partition on my 8 gig drive is thatbenough space to use much drews tiger guide... he recomended 16gig

10v, bootmaker, netbookinstaller, osx leopard, snow leopard

« Deleted Displays.prefPane/Contents/info.plist and version.plist | MAC OS X 10.6.x on DELL Latitude D420 »