General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Kernel Panic on normal Boot [After sucessful install] - 05-27-2010, 05:09 PM

Hi Folks,

I've recently followed the instuctions to install mac os 10.6.2 on my mini10v[11]

I used a retail copy of 10.6, and made the boot disk onto an 8GB SD card.

Firstly, i booted from this sucessfully. Deleted my windows partitions and created a new HFS+ Journeled and a FAT32 partition.

I installed 10.6 with no issues, upgraded this to 10.6.1... rebooted tried to upgrade this to 10.6.2.... but heres where it all went wrong.

The upgrade files came from the guide so i dont have to worry about the origin of them.

Half way through the 10.6.2 install i unplugged the power cable to take it to bed [ it was 2.30 am!] and the netbook froze. So i descided to leave it and go to sleep.

Booted up the next day, and it had upgraded to 10.6.2 seemingly but alas no touchpad, wireless, etc.

So i tried running the install again, and ran the script that was provided and restarted... now each time it tried to restart it kernel paniced unless it it was restarted to Ignore Caches.

I descided to wipe the disc and try from the beginning. but now each time I try to boot from the SD card normally it gives a kernel panic almost straight away, Apple logo appears for about 1 second.

Detail in the background is:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x1b50f459): "Unsupported CPU: family = 0x1c, stepping = 0x2"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-90/pmProcessor.c:210

I spotted this thread: Help with Kernal Panics & NBI 0.8.4

But I have no idea how to install this.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! This is why i bought the Mini ten! lol

(#2) Old
Default 05-27-2010, 09:43 PM

Schoolboy error... I used the Mini10 guide... not the mini10v giude!!

Now i just need to get it up to 10.6.3

« Why Did you Install OS X? Honest question. | reset master password »