General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Mini10V Kernel Mis-Match Problem - Help!! - 05-19-2010, 10:16 PM

I have a mini10V (Atom N270 - 1600Mhz, 512 MB Cache, 160GBHD Inspiron 1011) and have tried several different methods to install brand new retail version of OSx 10.6.3. I have tried three different USB Methods (netbookInstaller0.8.4 AND 0.8.3, also DellMiniBoot), I also did the USB DVD method (Netbootmaker CD and custom installation CD), I thought it could be the BIOS version so I downgraded to A04 but I continue to have the same exact error and am convinced its not an issue with the way I try to install OSX I get the apple logo, the installer loads and when it goes to give me the install options it craps out and gives me the same exact error message (I also uploaded a picture):

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2a96f6): "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM`@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.3.12/osfmk/i386/pmCPU.C:72
Debugger called: ,panic.
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Reurn Address (4 potential args on stack)
Kernel Extensions in backtrac (cuts off for message saying to restart computer)
BSD process name corresponding to c(cuts off for message saying to restart computer)

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0
System model name: Inspiron 1011

System uptime in nanoseconds: 1221184026

COuld Dell have sent me a mini10 instead of a 10V?? I don't know if the 10V has a special marking on the bottom but this one only says mini10, I bought it refurbished directly from Dell.
Please help!!!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (1.37 MB, 19 views)
  (#2) Old
Default Mini10V Kernel Mis-Match Problem - Help!! - 05-20-2010, 03:22 AM

Have you had any luck with this yet? I'm getting the exact same error with mine and have tried the same things you've tried. I've been banging my head against the wall with this for about 2 hrs. Thanks
  (#3) Old
Default 05-20-2010, 09:42 AM

Hi there juliopen.

Firstly, the 10v is the same as the 1011 (just another marking for it)

Secondly, I am no expert, but James helped me with a solution, although I did not try them. Have a look here ---> Totally Stuck installing OSX!

Read the whole thread, do not just jump in as it may not be your exact error, but to me it looks similar.

[ Dell Mini 10v | Product RED | BIOS: A06 | HDD: 160GB factory | Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail DVD | 1 GB RAM | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | Bluetooth: None | Audio: works | Keyboard Layout: British (PC 105 alt) ]
  (#4) Old
Default 05-25-2010, 09:59 PM

Buggedsee, I tried that method and when I replaced the kernel file I had the "can't find mach_kernel" then I saw a follow up post and formatted the entire HD and tried HFS+, got the kernel mismatch error, then I reformatted to NFS and I still have the kernell mismatch error.
I'm thinking NBI 084 RC1 is not compatible with OSX 10.6.3 new DVD just yet. I've tried replacing the kernells but that just gave me another kernell related error message... I don't know, what else can I try?

kernel, mis-match

« Easiest Way To Install OS X on Mini | Lowering Install Size »