General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default A90 worked now BOOT0 and EBIOS errors - 05-15-2010, 12:02 AM

I set up my buddy's A90 with OSX 10.5.7 and it has worked fine for a few months. This past weekend he brought it over and said that he turned it on the other day and wasn't working. He has an A90 with 2GB RAM, BIOS 4, 32GB Super Talent SSD

When it starts up it gets this boot0 error:

boot0: GPT
boot0: HFS+
boot0: error

I looked these errors up on this site and there really isn't a definitive answer as to what it is or how to fix it. I made a bootable flash drive from my leopard disc using NetbookBootMaker and now when I turn it on it tries to boot from the USB drive and shows this error:

EBIOS read error: Media error
Block 0x64028 Sector 0
EBIOS read error: Media error
Block 0x6402a Sector 0

I know that the bootable disc works because I swapped out his Super Talent 32GB SSD (the one with the errors) for the original STEC 8GB SSD that came with the computer when he bought it, and on the 8GB the bootloader loads and starts the install process.

Is his SSD fried? Any way to salvage this drive and save the info on it? Or anyway to reinstall on this drive and lose the info on it?

thanks in advance. This community never ceases to amaze me with all of its support.

(#2) Old
Default 05-29-2010, 09:03 PM

hate to do it, but figured I'd bump once and see if anyone had an answer to if it was a fried drive or if it is fixable.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-14-2010, 12:55 PM

I was having a similar issue when trying to boot from USB.
What verison of the NBI are you using?
I was tyring to use the latest version and kept getting EBIOS errors.
I went back to the netbook bootloader 0.3.2 from Mekdrews site, and it's still not loading but I don't get the ebios error anymore, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the boot commands on the usb itself. I keep trying different combinations, but it still gets hung up before the "gray screen".

« 8gb SSD for OSX install | Accidental 10.6.4 Install-Now Reboot Loop »