General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default How to generate a new DSDT - 05-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Is there a Guide/How to that I could follow to generate a new DSDT for my Hackint0sh projects? Looking to generate a new DSDT for my Acer Aspire R1600 nettop. it's running OSX (Sort of) but only if I boot up from the install USB and then select the main HD that OSX is installed on.

Mini 10v | N270 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 2GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Mini 10v | N280 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 1GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Dell Mini 10v OSX FAQ

(#2) Old
Default 05-06-2010, 04:11 PM

DSDTSe is a nice little app. (Google it and you'll find it). What I like about it is that it is very user friendly, but doesn't do things automagically - instead it uses lists of drop down fix and hack suggestions that if you want to try them you cut and paste in. It has an easy button for extracting the DSDT from your machine, and combines it all with a good editor. It also has the compiler built in so you don't have to keep doing the iASL stuff every two minutes....

I used this loads when doing DSDT changes to make my Zotac desktop machine Snow Leopard friendly.
While it is not a "do everything for you" application it really does make you learn things so you understand what you are actually doing.

One thing to always remember though is that to find your true machine DSDT (i.e. the unpatched one) you must start the machine up without using DSDT injection - i.e. if the bootloader you are using already has a DSDT in it, then when you extract your DSDT all you really get back is the one that was loaded by the Chameleon bootloader. That can be an issue if your machine won't actually run Snow Leopard without a that case you'd have to resort to grabbing your unpatched DSDT from Linux or Windows. Hope that makes sense!!!

Mini 9, 64GB Runcore, 2GB RAM, Triple boot OSX 10.6.3, XP, Ubuntu Netbook Edition (via Wubi) 3G w. A-GPS. BIOS A00, big Chinese battery.
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 05-06-2010, 04:51 PM

NBI's version of chameleon backs up the dsdt to another location in the IORegister, and as such NBI uses the unmodified dsdt when patching.

NBI includes a DSDTPatcher folder inside of it with (modified for NBI, but it also lets you get the unmodified dsdt), you can then use iasl to disassemble the dsdt and reassemble it when you are done modifying it.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.

« Meklort website down? | How I Successfully Hackintoshed My Dell Mini 10 »