General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 Audio problems - wits end!! - 05-05-2010, 10:28 AM

Hi all, I would be hugely grateful if anybody can help with this admitedly old issue!

I have installed Snow Leopard 10.6.1 on my Dell Mini 9. This took several days of blind fumbling. I am not very technical and used many many different tutorials until it eventually worked (more through sheer luck than any understanding on my part). I did this several months ago but have never fixed the fact that the headphone jack doesn't work. I really need to get this fixed as I am taking the netbook away on holiday and need to plug in speakers.

I can't remember (or don't know much) about my original install but the files I kept from it are within the folder "netbookbootmaker 0.8.3" if this helps.

As I say, any help would be greatly appreciated but in the least techie language possible please,

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Hi all, further to my last post, I now have no audio what-so-ever. I tried a couple of different things found on youtube (installing two kext files) and rebooted but now my audio is gone completely. I ran soundsource and it is showing no output devices.

I am totally frustrated but this is what happens when I start messing around with things I don't properly understand.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated,

A bit more information: I have tried to install the following kext files, after which my audio through the speakers has also stopped:

AppleHDA.kext & ALCinject.kext (I did this a couple of times using a kext helper which I got from a youtube tutorial.

I have done a spotlight search and found that these are the kexts in my Extra>Mini9Ext folder. I have no real idea what all of this means but thought it might help.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Hi, further developments...I followed this and got my speakers working again, the system also recognises when I put something in the headphone port but isn't outputting anything via the headphones.

Post 68 on this link

Sound and mic working with AppleHDA

0.8.3, audio, kexts, mini 9

« Bootmaker Not Patching, Why? | Mac os 10.5.8 versus 10.6.3 »