General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default 07-01-2010, 03:00 AM

Focus your energy on your windows machine. It took me two seconds to setup my 10v with OSX to share drives on my windows machine. It took me the next two fricken hours to have the windows machine allow access by the 10v. A series of playing with firewalls, my router and other items finally got me going. Sorry I can't provide more direct experience - but I know exactly what you are going through. Just know that it has nothing to do with the fact its a hackintosh - I just like to blame windows.

Kind of like how it took me 30 minutes to get my jailbroken iphone running PDANet to tether to the internet with my other laptop. However on the 10v with OS X - it literally took me 20 seconds or less. I love being able to tether my 10v on the go for internet anywhere that I have a data signal on my phone!!! Its pretty fast too!
  (#12) Old
Default 07-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Not that I know of, just Windows firewall and it was allowing before, but I don't even see the computer, or the share. I was checking it again last night and it doesn't see any Windows machines on the network, wired or wireless and there are at least four at any given time.
stealth mode? does calling their IPs directly work? (just to make sure, I understand that you ruled out firewalls, but life always has some extra surprise...)
  (#13) Old
Expert Member
Default 07-01-2010, 12:22 PM

No, in trying to IP into the PC that didn't work either. It may be something funky in my new Linksys router I bought, it wants to setup a public network too and I think one or the other connects to it. PC to PC seems to work fine bridging this but I think the PC to Mac isn't.
Also, at work I see the network fine including going to a share and copying music I'd ripped.

« Traveling with mini - crisis avoidance plan? | Dell Mini 1010.. Install troubles.... »