General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default another OS X on mini 1010 thread... - 04-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Is it possible to take a hard drive that is already set up with OS X and working in a Mac and modify the files to work on the 1010 or does the OS X have to be freshly installed?

Heres the background info:

I have a 160GB intel x-25 SSD that was in my old macbook. it is all set up the way I want it with programs, settings, streamlined, ect. I sold the macbook due to being so broke I couldn't pay attention so the $500 dollar SSD is now a paper weight. Can I somehow use the already set up SSD drive on my mini1010?

Any insight would be great. Thanks guys!
  (#2) Old
Default 04-29-2010, 09:08 PM

Nope. I tried to do it to see what would happen but as expected because OS X is not compatible with the dell mini right out of the box it didn't work. You could try and install Chameleon on your SSD (I never tried that) and then try and apply the patches to the already installed OS X (you will have to edit the scripts for the proper name of you disk drive). This might work but to be honest the 1010 OS X install process is so finicky that it probably won't. So long and short, just back up the important stuff from your SSD and do a fresh install.

Dell Mini 10 (1010) 1.6Ghz 1Gig Ram 160Gig HD OSX 10.6.2

« Need help troubleshooting mouse/touchpad freezing. | DVD Player WORKS fine with External Drive »