General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Not permitted symbol appears over apple symbol? Help! - 04-22-2010, 12:53 AM

Ok, so I messed up.

When the 10.6.3 update came around, I just pressed install. I didn't even think about it. It just felt like I was on a regular Mac (which is a sign of how smoothly things were going previous). This was my first mistake.

Everything worked fine, until I realized I don't have sound. I started to look around here and found out about the NBI 0.8.4 rc1 and tried to install it afterwards. Second mistake.

Now I get a not permitted symbol over the apple on the boot screen. Image included.

Then I tried to prepare the usb hd I used to put osx on it in the first place, but even with usb legacy set in bios it still has the same screen.

Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

forgot about the picture........
  (#2) Old
Default 04-22-2010, 02:24 AM

Hi matey. What you're getting is a Still Waiting for Root Device error.

It's seemingly caused by NBI, but that's about all we know. It's happening to more and more installs, but as yet no-one clever has offered up any reasons or solutions! Here's my thread here: Still Waiting for Root Device error

Dell Mini 10v Hackintosh | 2gb RAM | 500gb HDD | Trackpad mod
Running Linux UNR after being beaten by "Still Waiting for Root Device" Error
Dropbox: Click >>HERE<< for free 2.25gb of file sync/sharing/storage.

« How to hide the first un-named EFI partition in the graphic boot menu? | Mac OS X Projector »