General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default not supported on this type of mac? - 04-05-2010, 04:33 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to run the Eclipse development environment on my 10v hackintosh.

But I get "you can't open the application Eclipse because it is not supported on this type of mac". (I actually get two dialogs one that says "it is not" and one that says "it's not".)

How do I fix this? Is there some change to the application, or to my 10v that's required? Could it be the CPU identification that's causing the problem? I haven't yet run that program that changes identifies the CPU.

ETA: Should mention my versions: NBI 0.8.4 RC1, SL 10.6.2.

Thanks,

tom
  (#2) Old

Default 04-05-2010, 09:16 PM

Nobody?

Well I did try mechdrew's "About this mac" program that sets the CPU type. It didn't fix the problem (not that I expected that).

I found some info on using smbios.plist in /Extra to change the system settings, but only with later versions of Chameleon. How do I tell what version of Chameleon NBI 8.4.0 RC1 is using? If it's not up to speed, can I upgrade? Or is there another way of changing the personality information?

Thanks,

tom
  (#3) Old

Default 64 bit me. - 04-06-2010, 04:08 PM

Oh the shame of it all.

The version of Eclipse was copied in with rsync, and I didn't think anything of it, since I've done that before. But apparently just between real, modern Macs.

But I was copying from a 64-bit machine. So it was a 64-bit (only) Eclipse install, and hence had no chance of working on the 10v.

Now, those of you who haven't already elected to ignore all of my postings, you might be thinking "why didn't you notice the circle with a slash through the icon that Apple so helpfully adds in this case"? Well, I was only looking at it in the list view, and Eclipse has this round icon anyway, so it wasn't really noticeable.

Let me add, though that I did set up a /Extra/smbios.plist file and it worked perfectly, masquerading my Mac as an old 2006 Macbook.

tom

« Was working, now 2 problems | Can't get out of hibernate/sleep mode »