General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default 04-06-2010, 07:35 PM

meklort, these are the last couple of lines:

I08021Controller: : dataLinkLayerAtachComple(): adding AppleEfINVRAM notification
Aiport: Link Down on en1. Reason 1 (Unspecified)
auth result for: 00:1f:33:c8:9f:ef MAC AUTH succeeded
Airport: Link up on en1
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out
  (#12) Old
Default 04-09-2010, 03:11 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried restarting a couple times, leaving it on for hours. Should i just reinstall everything?
  (#13) Old
Question 04-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Have my Mini 9 running OSX SL 10.63 nicely....

Just got a nice little Fujitsu UH900 (about half size & weight of M9, 5.6" display, 2GB RAM, 62GB SSD...) and thought it would be great to get OSX on it too...

First had issue trying to install to internal SSD as while OSX installer on my USB flash drive would 'see' my SSD drive/partitions on the startup drive selection screen, later when OSX installer is running it would not see my SSD drive nor did Disk Utility app.

Then I pulled out SSD, connected to a SATA to USB adapter, connected that to my MacBook and voila! the SSD drive/partitions. So, assume that OSX doesn't recognize the SATA controller?

Anyway, installed OSX SL onto SSD per MechDrew's instructions for direct install to drive Method 4: Direct Install from Mac to SSD/HDD | Guides | OS X | mechdrew , and then I ran NetbookInstaller0.8.4 and just selected 2 items:

Install Chameleon 2 NBI bootloader
Install General Extensions

After that I installed Combo Update 10.6.2....

Then I popped SSD back into UH900....

Now, when I boot, I first see the usual Fujitsu BIOS boot screen. Then it usually goes gray and then I see the NBI 0.84 laptop icon and the dark gray segmented circle wheel thingie below turning...

After first seeing Fujitsu BIOS screen, I see this:

Then after a few minutes, I see this:

And that's as far as I get.....

FWIW, here's a pic of what I saw in first attempt to install OSX directly onto UH900, first the startup disk selection screen that shows SSD drive partitions, then OSX installer running from USB flash drive. As mentioned above, once OSX installer was running, Disk Utility app did not see the SSD drive which is why I tried the alternate technique described above....

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, would be glad to hear it!

Silicon Valley Digerati
Dell Mini9/OSX 10.6.2
Fujitsu UH900/Ubuntu 10.04/Win7
MacBook C2D/OSX 10.6.3
HP2710p TabletPC (work)
Previous: Sony Vaio P91S/UMID M1/Fujitsu P1610 TabletPC & Many More

« What comes after the mini 10v? | Make windows 7 default bootable OS »