General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#31) Old
Default 03-30-2010, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by HotDog View Post
Followed the script and all went well. Had to re-enter the manufacturer codes in BT, and it was a chore to discover my Apple BT keyboard, but it finally came together. Nice work, meklort and all the other pioneers here . . .
I redid the terminal mod too for BT, but didn't work for some reason. Any suggestions?

And I am also having sleep issues.

It doesn't work when I close the lid and when I manually put it to sleep, it take good 10 secs, before light flashes.

Mac OS X 10.5.7, Bios A05, DellEFI 1.2a5, 2 GB Memory, 32 GB Runcore, Integrated 1.3 Megapixel video + Bluetooth (fixed on/off), , GMA booster, VoodooPower (proper steps), TouchPad Kext 18. GeekBench 920
  (#32) Old
Unhappy 03-30-2010, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by adb1028 View Post
how do i boot with recovery=y?
sorry, but i dont know how to do this
ADB1028, I'm in the same boat as you, and not sure how to "recovery=y". I've been looking around the forums but with not much luck.

Please let me know if you find a solution.
  (#33) Old
Default 03-30-2010, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mac Migs View Post
My update to 10.6.3 went well

Downloaded NBI .8.4RC1, installed and rebooted.

Updated to 10.6.3 via Software Update in Apple menu, I did NOT do the combo update.

10v rebooted automatically. NBI came on screen for about 5 min, then rebooted into OS X. Everything seems fine but I just need to reinstall my OS X and Win 7 logos for the boot screen.
If anyone is interested in showing OS X, Win7, Ubuntu, etc, instead of automatically booting into a specific OS, add these lines to file:

<key>Instant Menu</key>

Dell Mini 10v, 160 GB HD, 2GB Memory, A04 BIOS, 10.6.1, NBI 0.8.2, Bluetooth disabled, USB Legacy disabled.
  (#34) Old
Default 03-30-2010, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by JerryS View Post
i have a dell mini 9, and was running 10.6.2 with everything working except internal microphone.

downloaded NBI 0.8.4RC1
ran NBI 0.8.4RC1
installed 10.6.3
went through the reboots

now (EDIT: redownloaded 0.8.4RC1):

suspend works, but get beachball after entering password, hard reset needed to recover
bluetooth works but no longer toggles on/off
cpu is now "Unknown"

i tried re-running NBI 0.8.4RC1 but to no avail.

thoughts on fixing before i revert to 10.6.2?

I have this same issue. It seems as if Finder is not working. What can I do? It boots fine I can launch apps off the LaunchPad but no finder and disks do not show on desktop.

__________________________________________________ _________________
Mini 10V | 1510n | 500GB HDD | OSX 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Ultimate | 2GB RAM | BlueTooth |
  (#35) Old
Default worked for me - 03-30-2010, 03:45 AM

I have a Dell mini 10v. I have Mac OSX 10.6.2 installed in primary partition. I have windows 7 installed in secondary partition. I follow instructions as per first post in this thread for update to 10.6.3

Only thing I did different is I did reboot after running Netbookinstaller 0.8.4RC1

Then I did standard upgrade of Mac OSX. It had to download 13 updates (I had not updated in a while and I had installed other Mac software (life 09))

It rebooted and installed all updates without issue. It found more updates and did those per default.

Again at end everything appears to be working fine.

No kernal panics. Running at a temperature of 41C after install.

Goes into and out of hibernation fine. I will start testing rest of sound and other functions in next few days and post update.

Hope it works for you!
  (#36) Old
Thumbs up no problems so far - 03-30-2010, 03:48 AM

10v with 2GB RAM, just updated to 10.6.3 with no problems.

I installed the new 0.8.4RC1, rebooted, then ran Software Update and let it do it's thing. I also repaired permissions before and after all of this.

Happy updating everybody!

 Dell Mini 10v  Mac OS X 10.6.3  2 GB RAM  160 GB HDD  BIOS A05 
  (#37) Old
Default Mini 10v troubles & workaronds - 03-30-2010, 04:11 AM

Here are some possible scenarios which i created on my dell mini 10v and updated to 10.6.3.

1. Installed NBI 0.8.4 RC1 and updated using downloaded version and made NBI do its thing and restart. but got stuck in the dreaded Ø
2. so restarted the machine with -x -s -v options and found that machine was "waiting for root device".
3. deleted the IOATAFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions
4. touch .
5. exit
6. now the machine boots into Safe Mode
7. Run NBI again and everything works fine

For the disappearing Desktop Icons, just move the file from the /username/Library/Preferences folder to your Documents folder and logout and log back in. you should be fine

I suggest that you remove Path Finder if you use that as it kinda messes up after the update. Will post if it works...
  (#38) Old
Default 03-30-2010, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by NonoKurd View Post
I think I'll try your method and report back here how it went. Downloading the combo update off Apple server... 897 Mb... Patience is a virtue.
Everything went well. I'm now running my brand new 10.6.3 machine. Big thanks goes out to all the developers and the community!

Dell Mini 10v Mac OSX 10.6.3 1 GB RAM 160GB HDD BIOS A06  NBI 0.8.4 RC1

(#39) Old
Unhappy Help kernal panic... - 03-30-2010, 06:33 AM

Can't boot up. Can't boot from 10.6 thumb drive.

What is the work around to get my 10v up and running again???

Dell Mini 10v Hackintosh 10.6.5 - 160gb - 2gb RAM
  (#40) Old
Default 03-30-2010, 07:56 AM

Installing NBI 0.8.4RC1 and then letting software update complete normally did the trick for me, on my 10v, very straightforward.

One odd thing though. When Software Update first found the 10.6.3 update (I said 'not now' to it) it was listed as 760MB or thereabouts.

Later, after installing the new NBI, and going back into Software Update, it listed it as 470MB or thereabouts. Still, the upgrade ran successfully, and as far as I can make out everything is ok (although I haven't tried any audio yet!)

So my question is: where did that +300MB go?!

I think in future I'll just download the combo update, like I did with 10.6.2. You know where you stand with one of those.

« HELP: EBIOS error message | Any other Dell laptops, easily hackintoshable like mini 10V? »