General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Undo a "fb-rotate" - 03-20-2010, 02:49 AM

I wanted to rotate my display 90, so that I could hold the 10v like book sideways for easy reading. I tried to using the rotation method through the Display in System Preferences, only to have no luck. Then I saw this link to the open source terminal app called fb-rotate . Long story short, the app did the trick however it also shrunk the display to state where it's unuseable. Now on every bootup it stuck in this display mode. I'm able to boot into single-user mode following this guide, however once at the prompt i'm not sure how to undo what the "fb-rotate" did. Anyone have any ideas on how I might go about fixing my issue?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Undo a "fb-rotate" - 04-02-2010, 08:36 AM

... excerpted from the FAQ at SwitchResX (About SwitchResX):

First, try to reboot in safe mode. To do that, turn your system off, then restart. When you hear the startup tone, hold down the shift key. Release the shift key when you see the "spinning gear" on the startup screen.

The file named Library/Preferences/ contains the resolution that the System tries to use at startup. Deleting this file helps generally. If this solves the problem during the reboot, but not in your user account, a similar file named "" exists in your own /Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/ByHost folder. You can remove this file to get back the standard resolution in your user account.

I hope this helps.

display rotate

« 0.8.4 RC1 Recovery? | Kernel Panic Error... With a Twist »