General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default How to Remove Netbookmaker patch - 03-05-2010, 06:49 PM

Hi, I recently restore a retail copy of 10.6 on to my flash drive. I used the latest version of netbookmaker on the flash drive to make it work on my dell mini9. This however failed.

I am now instead wanting to install 10.6 on my desktop, how can I remove the effects of netbookmaker in the flashdrive and restore the original "restore" of 10.6 on my flashdrive. That may have sounded confusing. Anyway, it took me 3 hrs to restore 10.6 on the flashdrive, any way I can avoid doing this again.

(#2) Old
Default 03-05-2010, 07:44 PM

I think you should use the original SL DVD to make a new usb iso of it .. or just install to desktop using the DVD.

Any other approach, like selective deletion of files on the usb stick, could be risky.

Netbook: Mini 10v, BIOS A05, OS X 10.6.4, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, BT
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 03-06-2010, 12:48 AM

At the moment, there are a couple options
1) Manually revert all of the changed file, which is possible (backups are mode of most of them) but would require reading the source code (there are a couple of files that are change, I don't know them off the top of my head).

2) Restore the dvd

3) Install on your desktop as it is. NBI is designed for netbooks, but I use it on desktops all the time too.

Anyways, NetbookBootMaker will no longer change any files on the dvd, so it'll be easy to revert in the future (plus, it's less likely to have issues when upgrading an install disk from one version to another).

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.
  (#4) Old
Default 03-06-2010, 07:50 PM

Thanks a lot Meklort and w7ox for helping. My friend came over a few minutes ago with his mbp and restored it again, this time quickly.

« Mac titles 50% off for 5 days at Direct2Drive | Help! kernel panic when installing OSX on an A90 »