General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default mini 1010 + OS X - 03-01-2010, 07:18 PM

its been a few weeks of smooth sailing with snow leopard on my mini 1010. but in the past few days its been taking at least 2 minutes to load the dock on login, and miniusage says that a task called "crashreport" is using a ton of cpu to get whatever its doing done. but no crash messages. also i get the kernel panic sometimes out of the blue.

i seriously doubt something malicious got in im pretty careful. i figured that maybe its some code from os x that the mini can't execute because of the hardware difference that is going to keep on trying until the os doesnt even start up at all.

is anyone else experiencing any of this?
  (#2) Old
Default 03-01-2010, 07:50 PM

Re: crashreporter: I have had situations on my Macbook Pro and synching the iPhone with iTunes where that process brings the machine to a standstill. It's due to the machine trying to phone home with crash logs stored at /Library/Logs/CrashReporter. Maybe some connectivity issues on your end or Apple's? Or lots of crash reports being sent to Apple: I clear out 7 day old reports from there automatically every day.

Might have a disk permissions problem: try running
sudo /usr/sbin/diskutil repairPermissions /

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.7 | 2GB | 16GB STEC | .3Mp | No BT |
BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: OFF | Bluetooth: OFF | NBI .8.4 RC1.1 (20100616212351)
Sleep: Working | Speakers: Working | Headphone Jack: Working
  (#3) Old
Default 03-01-2010, 08:54 PM

Jasperyate what method did you use to get OSX on you netbook [1010]?

I'm having difficulties installing 10.6 on mini, but have no mac to run/configure stuff. My HDD is not recognised when I run the 10.6 Installer with the NetbookCD or NetbookInstaller (2x USB method)

Hope you can help, more details in the 'Dell Mini 10 meet Snow Leopard' thread

« PC (VGA) to TV | Snow Leopard Server »