General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default HFS+ Partition Error - 12-27-2008, 08:51 PM

I have a new Runcore 32gb drive. I tried using the Type 11 method, and made it two partitions to try doing a dual boot XP and OSX. That didn't work, so I tried just doing one partition, GUID, journaled and it also failed. Now I try to do it again, and the Mini doesn't seem to see my external dvd drive, and goes immediately to a HFS+ Partition Error message. I put my old 16gb STEC in it and everything works fine. I tried deleting all the partitions off of the drive using the USB Cable to start over once again, and nothing I have tried will let me delete a 200mb protected partition on the drive. I created and formatted a windows partition on the rest of the drive, but it won't boot either, I get the same Partition Error message and no boot.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: HFS+ Partition Error - 12-27-2008, 10:17 PM

I got this figured out. I had to get rid of the GPT Protected Partition. I used these instructions:

How to delete GPT Protective Partition

Posted in Windows | Sunday, January 6th, 2008 | Trackback

In Windows XP Professional, if you cannot access or modify GPT disk, you can convert a GPT disk to MBR by using the clean command in DiskPart, which will remove all data and partition structures from the disk.

1. You may see S2VR HD 5 Drives in GPT status.

2. Go to DOS command line (click on “Start Menu”, then “Run”, type in “cmd” in textbox, and hit “OK”)

* Type in “DiskPart” in command line.
* Type in “list disk” in command line to show all disks in this machine.
* Use “select” to set the focus to the specified partition, for example “select disk 1?.
* Use “clean” command to remove GPT disk from the current in-focus disk by zeroing sectors.

3. Go back to Disk Management, you can see all S2VR HD disks are “unallocated” now. Right click on disk info, choose “Initialize Disk”.

4. Choose all drives in S2VR HD and initialize them.

That cleaned the drive of all partitions, so I am now trying an install again using the type 11 method and a iATKOS_5i dvd. Hopefully it works this time.
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: HFS+ Partition Error - 12-28-2008, 12:46 AM

You need a RETAIL disc for the Type11 method, iATKOS 5i is a HUGELY modified hackintosh disk.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED

« OS X hangs at light blue screen | Working (Somewhat) Internal Audio On Resume From Sleep »