General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Post Netbookbootmaker hangs - 02-24-2010, 06:27 AM

Hi guys and girls am hoping someone may be able to help me out with a problem i have with Netbookbootmaker. I have a mini9 with osx 10.6.1 and am trying to create a netbookbootmaker flash drive to install my newly purchased latitude 2100.

When i run the program it runs for a bit then just hangs and seems to take for ever. I previously experienced the same problem when originally setting up my mini 9 (and am not sure how i got round it now) but when i run netbookbootmaker for usb to create a bootable flash drive the programs starts copying the files then just hangs on "creating cache". Ive waited ages and am sure this should only take a few minutes to complete and am wondering if there is something else i need to do?

Mechdrews site has been my guide so far and it doesnt say anything about being in "safe mode" for this install but is this required?

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Many thanks
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 02-24-2010, 02:16 PM

I can take quite a while at that step, easily 10 minutes. You also don't want to be in safe mode.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator
Default 02-24-2010, 03:50 PM

I think in my case it took even longer than that, and the time can vary according to which imaging program you are using.

Personally I used TransMac in the end, but others have their favourites also!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#4) Old
Default 02-24-2010, 05:21 PM

thanks guys it may be my impacience but ive left it like half an hour and its still sittiing there which surely isnt right? Montala netbookbootmaker is the writing program itself for which i have downloaded in zip format direct to my mac mini, unzipped and executed. Selected target usb device and waited and waited ........ i am going to try again and see what happens will post back a bit later

« Osx On Dell i6000 | Some windows too big »