General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default A peculiar situation, Help Installing Windows 7 - 02-23-2010, 05:37 PM

I find myself in a rather peculiar situation, even given the wealth of information on the web. I seem to be the only person in the world who has successfully switched over to snow leopard on my mini, and deleted the entire windows partition.

now, i want to put windows 7 on the mini (for which i have two separate ISOs), but im labouring under the disadvantage of having no access to a windows computer, no cd drive, and a mac that isnt really a mac so i can't use bootcamp.

in my tries to make a bootable usb stick with my ISOs i contintually received this message on boot of the usb stick:

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
Operating System not found
methods ive used: dd if=/ of=/. format with disk utility as master boot record and copy the iso contents. both gave that same result with two different ISO files so i doubt it's the ISOs.

any ideas from the unix people on the site? and speaking of unix, is there any way i can do this thru a linux distro. ive got some experience with ubuntu but that got deleted in my frenzy to put os x on here. thanks for any help.
  (#2) Old
Default 06-03-2010, 11:12 AM

I'm in the same situation as you, though I have my Win7 ISO on USB and have used it sucessfully before.

Just need to try and pop it back onto the netbook

« DVB-T stick in a Mini 9 running OSX 10.6 | EBIOS Error »