General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Clarification on BIOS/NBI Fix option/method to use an external USB BT adapter - 02-04-2010, 06:24 PM

Not sure if this was answered, but I hope it can at least become a "a ha" since the BT option/fix comes up often and it usally refers to the internal option. I have two generic USB (BCM-based) adapters I got, both now in use on SL osx86 systems. I know the major/minor device IDs are not configured right since the device has a "raw entry" via ioreg and I cannot turn off bluetooth via the menu (is this an actual consequence of the device mismatch?)

In the past, I've modified the plist since the entry:

BCM92045B3 ROM:

Product ID: 0x2101
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)
Version: 1.00
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
Location ID: 0xfa340000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100

is very similar to the 2046 and doing a base conversion is really simple. Snow Leopard has not worked out the same way, and the injection source/method looks very promising for this in order to keep a stock vanilla system.

First, having this setup, can I/should I/required turn off bluetooth support in the A05? I've seen mixed reports from people, looking like most leave it on but no definitive answer if it should/must be off in order for the swizzle method to work (via NBI) and/or not interfere with something else. I am not sure if the on/off switch for BT only applies to the power to an internal device if present, and a USB device is not affected by this.

Next, with this being on/off, does NBI have a working implementation to get the pciid and remap on the fly via an injector or easier to just modify the IOBluetooth.kext?

I'd be more than happy to test some options out here.

nbi kext bluetooth

« Guide: Remap keys to mouse clicks | Help Me Install Snow Leopard Please »