General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default Re: Newbier Type 11 Install Instructions - 02-18-2009, 02:04 AM

I used this walkthrough in conjunction with the "usb device" walkthrough, the one where you use two thumbdrives, not the single usb drive walkthrough.

Thank you for all the work put into the two walkthroughs and all the other hard work the forum members have done.

Unfortunately the walkthrough didn't quite give me a working system. currently I have a complete install of osx, updated to 10.5.6 (from 5.4) and have rerun the install.dmg and rebooted. unfortunately my track pad doesn't tap-to-click, and usb mice do not work. Are these known issues? What can I do to fix them?

Otherwise everything seems to work - correct resolution, wifi, working
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Newbier Type 11 Install Instructions - 02-20-2009, 02:32 AM

First, I would like to thank everyone for their contributions. That said, I too followed the Type11 method, but using two USB flash drives.. 1 for the Boot123 and the other for my retail Leopard. The install went flawlessly. But, I can't for the life of me boot. I can boot from the USB and twice succcessfully booted from the SSD but when I got as far as selecting the language, time and up to the data transfer screen and then it just keeps repeating the boot up to that point. I installed Leopard three times so far.
  (#13) Old
Default Re: Newbier Type 11 Install Instructions - 02-28-2009, 02:55 AM

Followed the instructions above and had a flawless install. Thanks to all who contributed!

« OS X Power Management | HELP with 1 Flash USB Install: Stuck on Step 13!!!!!!!! »