General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#21) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 02-20-2010, 04:37 PM

The Vostro V13 has the GMA 4500 as well, so it's not supported.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a Lockerz.com invite? message me.
  (#22) Old

Default 02-24-2010, 09:56 PM

Hallo all,
i have a little problem:
As far as i understood, it should be possible (in spite of the videodriver), to install SnowLeo on a 1012.
But my 1012 won't boot with OS X; neither from an USB-Stick with an Image of the original SnowLeo-DVD + NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3 nor from a USB-HD with a installed SnowLeo + NetbookInstaller 0.8.3.
Booting from the HD with -v results in six lines of text, ending with "Patching kernel mach_kernel".
Thats all. Waited for hours.
Did i do anything wrong?
Or is the 1012 not able to boot SnowLeo?
BIOS is A04.

tia
f
  (#23) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 02-25-2010, 12:14 AM

The kernel patching routine doesn't work on 64bit kernels, you need to boot with arch=i386 for it to start up. The next version of NBI will work with the 1012, but for now you have to use the 32 bit kernel and extensions.

My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a Lockerz.com invite? message me.
  (#24) Old

Default 1011 or 1012 - 02-25-2010, 01:35 PM

Hi there,

I'm on the verge of buying a mini 10v. Just wondering should I go for 1011 or 1012. I have done a hackintosh install on an acer, but don't want to spend too much time on this. OSX is a must-have for me. Can 1012 host it properly? Drawbacks? Any advice?
  (#25) Old
Retired Mini user

Default 02-25-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eniac View Post
Hi there,

I'm on the verge of buying a mini 10v. Just wondering should I go for 1011 or 1012. I have done a hackintosh install on an acer, but don't want to spend too much time on this. OSX is a must-have for me. Can 1012 host it properly? Drawbacks? Any advice?
No, the 1012 won't work. Get a 1011 if OS X is a must have.

Getting an iPad
  (#26) Old

Default 02-26-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meklort View Post
The kernel patching routine doesn't work on 64bit kernels, you need to boot with arch=i386 for it to start up. The next version of NBI will work with the 1012, but for now you have to use the 32 bit kernel and extensions.

Hallo Meklort,
thank you very much. 10.6.2 did install and is running fine. I have no sound, no Bluetooth and a stretched display with 800 x 600 Pixels but LAN and WLAN are working fine and speed is sufficient.
Can i tell the bootloader to use those bootoptions or do i have to type them every time i start?

tia
f
  (#27) Old
Guru

Default 02-27-2010, 01:16 AM

You'll need to modify the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file and add it there.
You probably also want to modify the machine.plist inside of NetbookInstaller (int the /Applications folder) so that the Mini 1011 points to the 1012 instead (change the model name to 1012). After that, run NBI and you'll have all of the drivers installed (minus graphics). I'll also be including a new bootloader in the next version that sets the correct resolution for the GMA 3150.

(#28) Old

Question 03-04-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meklort View Post
You'll need to modify the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file and add it there.
You probably also want to modify the machine.plist inside of NetbookInstaller (int the /Applications folder) so that the Mini 1011 points to the 1012 instead (change the model name to 1012). After that, run NBI and you'll have all of the drivers installed (minus graphics). I'll also be including a new bootloader in the next version that sets the correct resolution for the GMA 3150.
meklort, thank you for all you are doing for the community.

I have the Dell Mini 10v (1012) and have installed OSX. I used the command listed in a previous post arch=i386 to get the OS to install, and then again to boot into the OS after install.

So far it kind of works. What is the actual change I make to the com.apple.Boot.plist?

I tried

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>

that didn't work.

I made the above mentioned changes to the netbookinstaller and now sound works.....kind of. Before each sound there is a loud "pop" then he sound.
Hopefully your next update will make it all very easy for a new guy like me.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by siafu; 03-05-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: updated
  (#29) Old

Default 03-05-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siafu View Post
meklort, thank you for all you are doing for the community.
So far it kind of works. What is the actual change I make to the com.apple.Boot.plist?

I made the above mentioned changes to the netbookinstaller and now sound works.....kind of. Before each sound there is a loud "pop" then he sound.
Thanks in advance
Hello siafu,

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
works for me.

And the snap-sound is here to.
  (#30) Old

Default 03-05-2010, 10:51 PM

Hi, first sorry about my bad english. I want to give thanks to meklort, (you are the boss). I have the same sound problem. It happens always wen something needs a sound, its like a ˇˇPAP!! i don't know if it is bad for the speakers :-) but i am so happy to have mac os in mi 1012. Now i only need to fix the sound problem, and i wan t to ask meklort if is too difficult for a noob like me to put resolution 1200 x..... i don't like 800x600 :-) well thanks for all, i wait for your answer.

« hackintosh 1012 only need word processor | - »