General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#11) Old
tikusjamban tikusjamban is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: cat town,malaysia
Default 02-08-2010, 08:05 AM

oh my gosh...in my place(malaysia) there is no stock of mini 10v left...sooo yesterday i brought a 1012 instead....i just wanna upgread my mini 1012 to mac osx...already buy the retail dvd of snow leopard....im just wondering when is the dell mini 1012 will completely can run mac osx with the hardware acceleration?....

maybe im just an newbie here...but i am sad bcoz my dell cant go well with mac osx...
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
SameerUCLA SameerUCLA is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default 02-09-2010, 06:06 PM

Meklort - what's your thought on the HP Mini 311? I have looked over at the threads at InsanelyMac but they are rather crowded and difficult to muddle through. Best that I can understand is that they have it MOSTLY working, but that a number of things (trackpad, audio in, etc.) are still not 100% supported.

any thoughts? i like my 10v hackintosh but the limited resolution is starting to grate on me. If it was 1366 x 768 I would be much happier.

thanks!
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
reberto reberto is offline
Senior Member
 
reberto's Avatar
 
Posts: 160
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default 02-09-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerUCLA View Post
Meklort - what's your thought on the HP Mini 311? I have looked over at the threads at InsanelyMac but they are rather crowded and difficult to muddle through. Best that I can understand is that they have it MOSTLY working, but that a number of things (trackpad, audio in, etc.) are still not 100% supported.

any thoughts? i like my 10v hackintosh but the limited resolution is starting to grate on me. If it was 1366 x 768 I would be much happier.

thanks!
I very recently (as in yesterday) swapped my 10v for a 311. Everything is currently working except trackpad gestures (works as a basic point and click trackpad though) and line in (the headphone jack and line in port are the same port) but the internal mic works. All that is really needed to get OS X to work on the 311 is Icelords unwhitelisted BIOS (so you can use a different WiFi card, got the Dell 1510 in mine, same card as 10v) and a working WiFi card.

I'd say that OS X is 90% working on it. Ethernet is broken after sleep, and there are zero trackpad options.

And the larger res is alone worth getting a 311


Black Dell Mini 10v - 120GB Western Digital HDD - 2GB G.Skill DDR2-667 - 6 Cell battery - 1.3 webcam - Dell 1510 - Mac OS X 10.6.4
Alpine White Dell Mini 9 - 8GB STEC/16GB Kingston SDHC - 1GB LV Samsung DDR2-667 - 8 Cell battery - 1.3 webcam - Dell 1397 - Mac OS X 10.6.4
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
aaron580 aaron580 is offline
Member
 
aaron580's Avatar
 
Posts: 50
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default 02-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Im personally looking twords a Lenovo S10-3t because its a tablet and all but that touchscreen and os x support.... who knows...


17 inch MBP - 2.5ghz, 4 gig ram, 250gig 7200rpm HDD, Nvidia 8600 512mb overclocked!!!, Snow Leo/Windows 7 ultimate
Dell Mini 10v - 2 gig ram/120gig hdd/Snow Leo/Looking into a touchscreen mod (still)
Dell Mini 9 - 2 gig ram/32 gig STEC/Windows 7 Pro/Snow Leo/Dell 1500 N wireless/what will become of this little lappy....?
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
meklort meklort is offline
Guru
 
meklort's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,353
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Colorado, USA
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 02-11-2010, 04:25 AM

The s10-3t has the same gpu (3150) as the 1012, so it won't work very well, although the tablet form factor would be nice.


Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a Lockerz.com invite? message me.
Reply With Quote
  (#16) Old
babbott babbott is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default 02-18-2010, 02:18 PM

Think we can get the newer Vostro 1014's working? They are pretty powerful with a bit larger screen and look pretty good as well.

Vostro 1014 Laptop Details | Dell
Reply With Quote
  (#17) Old
wls wls is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default 02-18-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbott View Post
Think we can get the newer Vostro 1014's working? They are pretty powerful with a bit larger screen and look pretty good as well.

Vostro 1014 Laptop Details | Dell
Look at the video specs it's an Intel GMA4500!
There is no native video driver. You pretty much have to go with an Intel 950 system to get graphics support although there is partial X3100 support (32bit only). After that Apple pretty much dropped the Intel video chips and went to Nividia. so in the larger laptops you need to look for that.
Reply With Quote
  (#18) Old
aaron580 aaron580 is offline
Member
 
aaron580's Avatar
 
Posts: 50
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default 02-18-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meklort View Post
The s10-3t has the same gpu (3150) as the 1012, so it won't work very well, although the tablet form factor would be nice.
Yea I know it had the same. I might try to do some with the 3100 drivers on my macbook if I decide to spring for the s10-3t but who knows bout EVER getting the touchscreen to work. Sorry for talking lenovo in dell forum LOL.


17 inch MBP - 2.5ghz, 4 gig ram, 250gig 7200rpm HDD, Nvidia 8600 512mb overclocked!!!, Snow Leo/Windows 7 ultimate
Dell Mini 10v - 2 gig ram/120gig hdd/Snow Leo/Looking into a touchscreen mod (still)
Dell Mini 9 - 2 gig ram/32 gig STEC/Windows 7 Pro/Snow Leo/Dell 1500 N wireless/what will become of this little lappy....?
Reply With Quote
  (#19) Old
babbott babbott is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default 02-19-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wls View Post
Look at the video specs it's an Intel GMA4500!
There is no native video driver. You pretty much have to go with an Intel 950 system to get graphics support although there is partial X3100 support (32bit only). After that Apple pretty much dropped the Intel video chips and went to Nividia. so in the larger laptops you need to look for that.
Thanks for the informative post.
Reply With Quote
  (#20) Old
buellwinkle buellwinkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default 02-20-2010, 02:56 AM

Would be great if OSX can run on a Dell Vostro V13, as close to a Mac Air as you can get. Weighs 3.5 lbs, 13" screen, aluminum skin, .65" thick, 2GB memory and it's only $449. What's really cool is if you multiple out the dimensions of 10" netbook with a 6 cell battery compared to the V13, the V13 is actually smaller.
Reply With Quote
Reply

« hackintosh 1012 only need word processor | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.